1

3 years later

Mamé's POV

"How was your first day, baby?" I asked Karl as he hopped in his booster seat and I prepared to buckle him up.

"I got it, mama." He spoke, buckling himself up, causing me to smile. "I'm grown"

"I bet you are." I headed to the drivers seat, turning the car back on so we could head home. "How was it?"

"I love my school! My teacher is nice and we got to play a fun game today. Oh, and I'm the fastest in my class!" He spoke excitedly.

"That's good, baby! I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, mommy." He smiled and sat quietly, listening to the music that was on the radio.

I pulled into our driveway and parked, getting out of my seat to open the door for Karl.

"Mommy, do you want me to hold your bag?" He spoke, pointing to my purse as he exited the car.

I couldn't help but show off a wide smile, because I'm so proud of the little gentleman he's becoming. "No thank you baby, I got it."

He nodded, and we headed to the front door. I took out my keys to open up, letting Karl in before myself.

"Karl!" Cyncere, my 3 year old daughter screamed at the top of her lungs once she saw her big brother. They ran up to each other, meeting half way and tightly hugged.

"Hi mommy!" She spoke, letting go of her brother and running up to me for a hug. I picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Hey princess, you missed your brother didn't you?"

She nodded quickly as she looked back down at Karl. "Yeah, and I missed you too mommy." She laid her head on my shoulder.

"Aww, I missed you too baby." I kissed her forehead.

"Where's Neem and Gigi?" I asked of her 1, nearly 2 year old baby brother, and Gianna who is now 10.

"Nemo!" She called Nehemiah by the nickname that she gave him, and hates when others call him that. He came running around the corner with nothing but a pull up on and some white socks.

He smiled wide once he spotted me, holding his arms out for me to carry him. Gianna came around the corner as well.

I picked Nehemiah up, and kissed his cheek. He tried to do the same to me, but just left his slobber all over my cheek. I gave Gianna her hug and kiss, and put Neem down. After speaking to the kids and washing my hands, I took out some food for them to snack on, before heading upstairs to my husband.

I found Kenyana knocked out on the bed. The Tv was still on, and the room looked a mess. I decided to mess with him, and grabbed a pillow, repeatedly smacking him with it to wake him up.

After the 3rd hit he shot up quickly, looking around frantically until he spotted me. I busted out laughing at his reaction, but he smacked his lips and put his head back down.

"You not even happy to see me." I mugged him and threw the pillow back at him, turning around to go to our bathroom. I couldn't even get another step in before he grabbed me by the waist, carrying me and body slamming me into the bed.