16

Yatta's POV

"Mommy, I'm scared!" I woke up to Cyncere's voice.

I didn't realize how tired I was, but I ended up falling asleep in everything I wore from when we went to the Pier. I turned around towards Mamé and Cyncere who had a frown on her face. The lamp on her side of the bed was on, and I instantly squinted my eyes to adjust to the lighting. Mamé sighed before speaking.

"This is why I told you not to watch that movie with Gianna, you don't ever want to listen." She shook her head before turning around to me.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked with a raspy voice, rubbing my eyes.

"She's scared to stay in her room. I told her not to watch that movie with Gianna."

"You wanna stay with us, mama?"

"No, she can't stay here." Mamé shook her head. "She was being a little brat when I told her she couldn't watch it, so that's what she get. I'm going back to sleep." She pulled the satin sheets over her and Cyn started crying.

"Girl, I'll tear your little butt up, give you something to cry about." She spoke and Cyn toned it down, tears still falling down her face.

"Come on, baby." I stood up.

"Yup, go with your daddy. She's too loud and it's too early." Mamé wasn't playing with her at all. Cyn shook her head and began to cry again.

"I wanna go with mommy!" She whined, shaking her head as she looked over at me.

"Girl, if you don't lower your voice! Go with your daddy and stop being a brat. I'm not playing with you."

Cyn took deep breaths as she tried to stop herself from crying. She slowly walked over to me, taking the hand that I held out for her. As we left my bedroom and walked down the hallway to her own, we had to stop in one of the bathrooms so she could clean her nose and wipe her face.

"Stop crying, alright?" I spoke as I placed her on the counter. I ripped some tissue paper off of the roll to help her clean her runny nose.

"The boogeyman is gonna get me!" She cried harder as she forced her head into my chest. I sighed and held her head. I was tired as hell and her cries were getting louder and louder.

"Cyncere, chill out. Ain't nobody finna touch you, I'm right here." I spoke as I raised her head up. She was damn near hyperventilating at this point, trying to catch her breath and stop herself from crying again.

"Babygirl, I'm right here. I swear, nobody is gonna touch you." I was actually scared for her at this point, because she started wheezing. She got asthma and all so I had to stop that real quick.

I turned on the warm water from the sink to clean her face with it. She calmed down as I continued to put water on her face, then cleaned her nose out some more.

"You okay now?" I asked. She nodded slowly and looked up at me with a pout on her face.

"You that scared of the boogeyman?" I asked and she nodded again, still not saying anything.

"You scared of anything else?" I asked and she shook her head no.

"You scared of me?"

She shook her head no again as she looked away from me, still pouting her face. I squatted down so that I was at her level.