Thirteen

Me and Nic talked for a while, even though he never told me why he was upset I thought it was better to give him space. He left after we watched a couple of movies and I decided to go to bed.
I had just gotten comfy when there was a knock at the door. I sighed loudly and got up to answer it.
There in front of me was a crying Nicholas Hamilton.

"Nic what-" he cut me off by wrapping his arms tightly around my wait and pushing his tear stained face into my neck.

"C'mon" I said closing the door and leading him towards the bed.
He sat down and looked around as if he had no idea what to do with himself. I haven't known Nic for very long but he have grown really close and I hate to see him like this. Although I have no idea what is actually wrong with him I've always though of Nic to be quite happy. He has always been the happy one in the group that gets everyone going and he has an amazing sense of humour. I want nothing more than to end the pain he is feeling right now. But I really can't do much to help him if he doesn't tell me what's wrong with him.

"Nic" I said softly.

He looked up at me and sniffed while wiping some stray tears away.

"You have to tell me what's wrong" I said reaching over to put my hand on his. He sighed quietly and looked up at the ceiling. I just continued to stare hoping to get anything out of him.

"I just feel so out of place y/n" he winced

"Out of place how?"

"You, Owen and Jaeden seem to be really good friends and whenever I'm with you it's like I don't fit in" he said tears forming in his eyes again. I was confused, Nic was always the centre of the group and we're hardly a group if you ask me. I don't spend much time with any of them. I only met them like a week and a half ago.

"Nic I have no idea what you're talking about, I hardly know them"

"It's fine y/n I'll talk to you tomorrow"

Then he got up and walked straight out of my room. I have no clue what is going on with him but I don't believe he is sad for the reason he just told me.

————————-
I woke up to a text from my mum saying everyone is meeting at a cafe. I got dressed and left the hotel using a map on my phone to get there. Once I arrived there was already a few people. Owen, Jaeden, wyatt, Andy and Barbara. I walked towards Owen who was sat on his own reading something on his phone.

"Hey Owen" I smiled sitting next to him.

"Ah hey y/n how are you?"

"I'm good, did you speak to Nicholas yesterday?" I asked still very concerned about my friend

"Oh yeah All he said to me was that he made a mistake and then he didn't reply when I texted him back"

"Okay now I'm really confused"

Just as Owen was about to reply Nic walked in the door. He was very pale and covered in a thin layer of sweat. He looked like he could throw up at any point.

"Hey Nic" Owen said offering up the seat next to him. Nic only nodded in his direction and sat down. I continued to stare at him wondering whether I should ask if he is okay or just keep my mouth shut. Nicholas however just continued to look at the floor. I was about to say something when I was interrupted by my mum.

"Right well loads of people have texted saying they're really ill so we're gonna start this tomorrow instead" she announced earning a groan from Jaeden and wyatt.

"Want to get some food anyway?" I asked Nic and Owen. Nicholas responded with a light nod.

"Hey y/n I'm gonna go but can I talk to you outside for a second?" Owen said. I gave him a smile in response and followed him outside the small cafe.

"I don't know what's going on with him and he looks really ill so if and when you find out could you let me know please?" He said with a sad look on his face

"Of course I will Owen" I smiled. He patted me on the shoulder and turned to leave. I watched him walk away for a second then entered the cafe once again but when I did, there was no sign of Nicholas Hamilton.