Twenty three

We reached the middle of town and still had no idea where we were going. I looked at Nic and realised how red he had gotten. The sun was so hot and we had no protection. His hair was sweaty and sticking to his face, he was wearing black jeans and a short sleeved grey top. Bad choice. The dark patches around his armpits and all down his back were quite evident but I'd don't think he cared. Lucky for me I was wearing shorts and a strapped Trixie Mattel top so I was alright.

"Nic maybe we should stop and buy some sun block?" I said breaking the silence that had gone on for way too long.

"Why would we do that?" He snapped back. I didn't realise he was pissed at me but now that I think about it, I don't blame him. I spent last night with his friend and I've been walking behind him without saying a word for ages.

"Because you're really burnt. Look at your face" I said calmly holding my phone camera up towards his face.

He glared at me and carried on walking. I swear he was fine when we started this journey, what has he been thinking about?.

"Nic stop walking for a minute please" I raised my voice a little, running to catch up with him. He stopped and turned to look at me.

"I'm sorry" I said looking at the ground. Nic slowly lifted my chin with his index finger and looked into my eyes. I didn't know what to do. I feel so guilty.

"Don't be sorry" he whispered and then carried on walking towards a shop to buy some essentials.

I waited outside trying to figure out the best thing to say to him and then I decided. No more chandler, no more Nic and no more Owen. They need to be focused on the movie and I need to be focused on helping my mum. I don't even know what I was thinking. Owen is a nice guy but I think I only see him as a friend. And as for Nicholas... I haven't decided yet. So that's what I'm gonna tell him.

He left the shop with a bag full of stuff. We went over to a bench and began putting sun cream on.

"Nic I-" I was cut off by him starting to talk.

"You go first" he said

"No you"

He looked into my eyes and at that moment I realised what I needed to do and the only thing I could possibly bring myself to to at that moment.

"Can I?" He whispered

I nodded, he leaned in and kissed me softly. I knew exactly what I wanted.