fifteen

"Wait, how is he missing?" My mum asked me and Owen and she gave a concerned look to Andy. Owen explained the story again as I just sat there. Thoughts of what will happen to Nic and how he may be in danger start running though my head over and over again. I feel myself begin to shake and Owen notices too earning his hand placed lightly on my knee. It had been a long time since I last saw Nic and I just want to give him a hug. Actually I just want a hug, anyone will do really.

My mum and Andy go outside the room leaving me and Owen sat there.

"You're not having a very good time are you?" He whispered. I shook my head.

"Owen why did Wyatt come to me for help?"

"What?" He asked looking confused

"You know the whole practice kiss thing"

"Oh right......um.....well.....uh Wyatt sorta like has this......uh" he began going red

"Owen??"

"Okay Wyatt like has a thing for you and he didn't want to embarrass himself by trying to kiss you but not knowing how and that's when Logan came up with the idea of asking you for help" he said. I sighed loudly and put my head in my hands.

"Y/n what's wrong?"

"That's when it all started.... that's when Nicholas started acting weird"

"You don't think.." Owen started

"Don't think what?" I said looking up at him. He didn't say anything. His phone vibrated and he got it out of his pocket looking at the screen with a confused face.

"What is it?" I asked

"What the fuck y/n" Owen said with a smirk on his face

"Okay I'm so confused". Owen didn't respond, he just got up, grabbed my hand and walked to the door. When we got outside the corridor Owen stopped and faced me.

"Seems like you have quite a bit to figure out y/n" he whispered

"What do you mean?"

"I know Nic likes you a lot, and I know wyatt does as well but I'm sorry I just can't help myself......" he trailed off as he brought his lips to mine. I stood there in shock for a couple of seconds until I thought about it. Wyatt has a stupid crush and he's too young for me. Nic is mentally unstable and needs a friend, not a girlfriend. I warmed to the kiss even though I knew something wasn't right. Owen pulled away and smiled. Then carried on walked down the corridor. We reached Nic's room.

"He's in there" Owen said. I just looked at him with a blank expression.

"Are you joking me? We went literally everywhere looking for him. I was fucking freaking out and now you're telling me he's been in his room the whole time?"

Owen gave me a sad sympathetic look and brought me in for a warm hug. I was right... it helped a lot.

But it was from the wrong person.