Crescent Moon Festival Part 1

CHAPTER 4; CRESCENT MOON FESTIVAL PART 1

It was finally the day where I got to go to the festival. I really badly wanted to see who would win because all the books were really good.

So then, it was time to get on the school bus. It wasn't supposed to be a very long drive (or so I was told) so I was hoping that if I had to sit with someone I didn't feel like sitting with, it would be done in a blink of the eye.

"So, I have your seating arrangements in this very sacred paper." Mr. Aantal joked. A few groans mixed with laughs filled the bus.

"So," He waited a few moments for effect. "Sofia and Lana, Daniah and Johnny..." He pointed to different seats.

After a couple more names it was down to a couple other people, including me and JASON. "Next up is, Khadeejah and Jason..." He trailed off frowning at the paper. Wait what???

"No, that's not right," He looked up at me and then his eyes travelled to Jason. "Ok, now I remember. Sorry about the confusion, it's Meryem and Jason." He moved on.

Kill me now. My entire head was flooded with thoughts and literally flooded. Was this even real??? Was this happening??? Am I dreaming??? I walked over to the seat we were assigned to. Jason already took the window seat.

I pinched myself to make sure. "Nope." I did it a bit harder one more time and winced. "Are you okay?" Jason asked me.

I just started at him awkwardly. What am I supposed to say? Ugh, that's a dumb question! Say something you idiot! I kept thinking. I touched my forehead very quickly. I was burning.

There's no doubt my cheeks were crimson red. As red as a tomato! As red as a juicy, mouth-watering, plump apple!

"Meryem?" I think I fainted right then because when I got up, Jason's figure was towering right above me.

It took me a couple seconds before I realized what was going on. I fainted on Jason's lap. I FAINTED ON JASON AKIL'S LAP!!!

I knew then that I was definitely not dreaming, I even felt myself drift away again because of the shock. That was unexpected and extremely embarrassing. I didn't realize I was still lying on his lap when my eyes shot open and I quickly got out of the awkward position.

"Are you sure you're okay, Meryem?" He asked me worriedly. "You fainted for about 30 seconds!" He shook his head.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I was just a bit tired." I brushed it off as if it was nothing. All the while there were fireworks popping in my head.

"Oh." He replied. He turned to look around the window. "Well, as you were out, Mr. Aantal was just explaining how 'bus buddies'—or as he calls it—have to go around the festival together." He smiled. I think this is the best year of my entire life!

"Yeah, sorry about passing out on your lap." I was scratching at my arms without him knowing. It was a very awkward situation.

"Don't worry about it," He started. "I'm glad that I caught you though." What. The. Fuck. All I remember is his cheesy smile before suddenly I see all black.

I awoke to see Jason lightly trying to wake me up. "We're almost there. I let you sleep a bit since you told me you were tired." (Not on his lap, thankfully. I didn't think that I would be able to handle any more embarrassment.) He took out his phone after we both heard a buzz.