Halloween

CHAPTER 8; HALLOWEEN

Yes, the haunted day had come and here's what happened;

"No." I shook my head fast knowing what my friends were going to ask of me. "Yes." They both corrected.

"There's no way I'm going to a stupid Halloween party." I protested.

"Believe me, we don't want to." Jasmine assured me. "But, Jason's gonna be there!" Alen chimed in. Ugh now I want to go!!! I can't resist!

"I'm sure he'll want you there." Jasmine shrugged, trying to hide her smile. Alen nodded in agreement.

"You guys make this hard for me." I sighed whilst rolling my eyes.

"What are best friends for?" Alen asked rhetorically. "Obviously not to be held for sale." Jasmine commented on something Alen had done previously.

One time Jasmine was getting on Alen's nerves with her 'awesomeness' and Alen said, 'best friend for sale!' It was quite funny.

"Obviously not to be held for sale!" Alen mocked her in a childish voice. "Yeah you say that now, wait until you'll be the one put up for auction." Jasmine crossed her arms playfully. Alen scoffed and kicked her shin lightly.

"That aside, Alen what if Kian is going to be there?" I asked her. "He is, that's part of the reason why she's forcing the both of us to go." Jasmine rolled her eyes. Alen just smiled innocently.

"Wait a minute. How about both of you go and I stay home?" Jasmine suggested happily.

"How about, we need someone talented to help us decide what to wear and be our wing girl?" I gave her puppy dog eyes.

"How about, no?" She smiled and then her face fell. "I don't like the vibe of parties." She shrugged. "Besides, it's wing woman—we're 18 now and Shankland here would probably stick with wearing a gap sweater."

"Please???" Me and Alen both gave her puppy dog eyes. I was surprised Alen didn't say anything back. She probably just wanted her to say yes so that she could see Kian and I could see Jason.

"Ok, ok! Fine!" She gave in. "Thank you." I told her. All of this couldn't work out without the help of my two best friends.

Which was why they both needed to go, otherwise I wouldn't have gone meaning I wouldn't have seen Jason. Which is a no-no in their opinions. That meant that if it didn't happen, they would find more torturous ways of bringing Jason and me together, which is far worse than attending some high school party.

Yes, I thought about the whole thing a lot, but who could blame me? This could only mean embarrassment in front of my crush. Yeah, there's totally nothing wrong with that! (Notice how my words are dripping with sarcasm! They were dipped in a nice big bowl of sarcasm. Yes, I prefer sarcasm than ranch with my words. Okay I'm going to shut up now.)

•••

We arrived totally looking bomb, Jasmine and I practically forcing Alen to wear something other than a gap sweater!

We were altogether dressed as zombies. I'd say we completed a better than average job of resembling zombies. We're not those sorts of young ladies who might fairly dress to inspire. Thus, we didn't wear short spotted skirts with Minnie Mouse ears.

"This place is huge." Alen looked around in awe. "We definitely need to come to parties more often." I said also with amusement.

Jasmine snapped her head in my direction, looking at me as if I was a stupid person. "You two could, not me."