Just A Dream

CHAPTER 12; JUST A DREAM

I gasped, my body jerking up from the most vivid and fraughting dream my eyes could ever unconsciously witness. I panted heavily and darted my eyes around. No one was where I was, yet I was in the same place as where my dream was set. I was in the same bed, same room and I'm betting that it was in the exact hospital as well.

If you were about to die in a dream, you would wake up. Not see yourself getting tortured every single second. My breath was slowing down and I finally lay my head back down on the pillow, frowning. The more I thought about it, the more it made me go into panic mode. So, Trinity and Holly hadn't done that? So Khadeejah was not 'working' for them? Then what even happened?

"Meryem!" Jason ran to my side, inspecting me. "You're finally awake." His face looked distraught and dark circles coated his under eyes.

I couldn't respond to him. All of a sudden, I started crying. I don't know what came over me, but this strange feeling took over me and it made me feel utterly uncomfortable. Jason tried to calm me down.

"I can't think. I don't know what's happening. I need answers, RIGHT NOW!" A rush of anger flew through me. "Ok. You were in a coma. And we spoke to you, thinking you could hear everything." He explained. Wait, what?

"So, it wasn't a dream," I whispered. "What wasn't a dream?" He asked, with confusion. "Umm..." I trailed off. I couldn't say it. Trinity and Holly were his best friends! How could I accuse them of such a thing without knowing everything? I had to play this smoothly.

"I have a question," I started. He nodded, giving me the permission to ask. "Was there any chance that...maybe..." I tried to tell him. He gave me the look, telling me to continue. "That...maybe..." I dragged out the words, looking down at my hands.

"Meryem," He began. "Look me in my eyes." He told me, firmly. I did as he instructed, my heart skipping a beat as I stared into his dark ones. "You can trust me. Whatever it is, I won't get mad." He assured me. I took a few deep breaths before speaking again. "Trinity and Holly were behind it, right?" I blurted it out.

"Yeah. So you heard everything that happened?" He asked me. "I guess I did, but I thought it was a dream." I furrowed my eyebrows. He looked towards the door. "Did I...? Have a seizure or a stroke?" I asked Jason again. "What? No!" He shook his head. Then how the hell did I dream of that?

My parents and my friends entered the room and embraced me in a hug. "I'm glad that you're fine." My mom said, with a relieved tone. "I'm glad as well." I smiled.

•••

Several days had passed. Really, it had all flew by in a blur. Days filled with unbearable pain, boredom and constant looks and actions out of sympathy. It was great that I was able to leave so soon, but I was afraid as to what happened next.

Trinity and Holly were the sole reason why I was put into this hospital. If they were able to do that, wasn't there another chance that it could happen again? Or something worse could've happened, so I was terrified out of my mind.

The casts my arm and my leg prevented me to do pretty much everything, so I was lulled around by myself everywhere. By the time I walked into the school several people surrounded me. As if I needed the attention.

My friends were by my side helping me work the stupid wheelchair, which by the way, isn't a piece of cake. It took me a while to get used to, and I had my mistakes every now and then. It didn't help having people burden the feeling of their eyes at me all day—I wanted to punch everyone.

Brutal, huh? I didn't care, I mean if my arm wasn't fractured I wouldn't have been in a wheelchair in the first place. Whatever, this was all Holly and Trinity's faults. But I'm not one for an outstanding revenge, so I let the grudge go.