Crescent Moon Festival Part 2

CHAPTER 5; CRESCENT MOON FESTIVAL PART 2

So we found out which author won and it was honestly so much fun because the whole time I was right next to him.

Khadeejah was no where to be spotted and that was literal heaven. The fact that she wasn't there didn't even stick in my mind when I was with Jason. I just forgot about her and had lots of fun.

Next we went to Scoops which was an ice cream place. I didn't buy anything, I was just waiting for him because it started to rain.

I held out his umbrella (I didn't bring one) and I opened it as we started to walk. It wasn't raining too hard but it was still enough to make us wet so I held it right above our heads which was actually not very comfortable.

He was pretty tall so my arm was extended higher than it normally would. Having to keep it in that position bugged me, but it wasn't like that for long.

We made it inside just as the rain started dying down, so we decided to continue looking around.

As we went back out it was completely stopped and we noticed paddle boats in the other direction! "You wanna go on them?" Jason asked me.

"Sure, but I'm gonna get soaked!" I replied. "Don't worry it's going to be fun." We went to them and got a sheet of paper which Mr. Aantal signed for us and then we waited in line.

Then it was our turn which I was getting more and more anxious about so my leg started to bounce. "Are you ready?" He asked me. "Yes. No." He laughed and then told me, "I'll be right next to you if you're afraid of falling in."

"No, I don't care about that it's just I'm going to get soaked!" I shook my head. "So you're not afraid of falling in and getting completely soaked but afraid of just sitting and getting soaked???" He was trying to understand me,
which I was giving him a hard time to do.

"Sure." I simply replied before placing myself in the paddle boat. He sat on the other side and  held the steering pole.

I started to paddle as my butt was getting soaked, but it was still fun. He kept talking which was fine with me since I had nothing else to talk about.

(SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED THE WALKING DEAD:) I asked him if he watched the walking dead and he said he did. "Carl's my favourite, I'm so sad he died." I sighed.

"Same I liked Carl too." He sighed and looked ahead. "Rick's cool as well." He turned to me. "I love Rick!" I told him while paddling.

•••

After a long and fun day, we were on the bus back home and it was crazy loud. I assume everyone was talking about their whole experience which was a lot of fun.

Me on the other hand, had hair curly and frizzy and soaked clothes. Even after all that uncomfortableness, I was still glad that I was able to make it on this trip and glad that I was with Jason the entire time.

I learned quite a lot from him which was nice and after that one time of seeing Khadeejah (who I thought was going to ruin the whole trip) I was still fine.

The way he indirectly defended me was so nice and what was she thinking wearing the same outfit as me?!? It was stupid honestly but I can't say there's a difference in me because after every long day, I always ask myself if it was worth it.

If it was stupid or not. Because there's nothing worth it about me and it honestly makes me so tired of myself.

•••

It was awkward silence between me and Jason which I didn't expect since we did have something to talk about at the Festival. But I guess we ran out of things to talk about if we couldn't talk then.