Somnium Mortem

CHAPTER 11; SOMNIUM MORTEM

I was in a coma. I could hear everyone and everything, yet there was no way I could move, nor could I open my eyes.

It was like being stuck to the floor, just like what had happened to me before the accident had happened.

It annoyed me because I couldn't tell anyone that I was fine. I couldn't reassure my parents, my friends, nor Jason.

The truth is, I wasn't fine. My body hurt after the numbing faded away, even though the doctors numbed me again. Sometimes it would take a while before they numbed me and I would still have to feel the pain.

Not to mention, I was bored beyond my mind and I always wanted to be able to speak to someone. It was bothering me—not being able to communicate when somebody says something. Or, not being able to answer or respond.

"Doctor, how do you think she's feeling?" I heard my moms cracking voice. You would be able to tell that she was crying. "It's hard to know for sure, but we have put something to numb the pain so she most likely wouldn't be feeling it." The doctor responded.

You forgot to say that in between injecting those weird medicine thingies for the pain, that it hurts! And like hell.

"That's good." My father whispered. "How much longer would she have to stay?" He asked.

"That will be known when she's out of the coma. But, probably not that long. It's a miracle that she hasn't faced very severe injuries. She has a fractured left arm and a broken right leg. Her coma was caused by when she took the blow to her head. When she fell to the floor, the cerebral part of her brain was almost ruptured. We need to monitor that carefully because if the blood vessel in her brain bursts, she can go through a stroke." The doctor explained, slowly.

Oh my god.

My mom started to sob and I heard my dad's hushes in the background. "Should I continue?" The doctors feminine voice asked. "Yes please." My mom sniffed.

"You see, it's harder to tell if she suddenly goes through a stroke, because the usual symptoms—she can't tell us." She further explained.

"So she could have a stroke right now?" My dad asked. "No, most likely not. Her blood vessel hasn't popped." She assured them. "Thank you, Doctor." They thanked her.

So I could have a stroke, any time?!? This is all because of my stupid self standing in the middle of the road. What the heck is my problem?

I heard shuffling around the room and my mom started to speak. "Honey, if you can hear me, your dad and I will be back. Jason's here." She told me. I wanted so badly to say 'Thanks for everything', but I couldn't. Now Jason was there.

Hi Jason.

"Hi, Meryem." He started. It was barely above a whisper. The next few moments were silent, you could hear a pin drop, except for the heart rate monitor in the background.

After what felt like a millennium, he sighed. "I'm not sure if you can hear this, but I'm going to assume you can."

I can!!!

"I'm sorry." His voice cracked. "I'm so sorry." He sniffed, quietly sobbing.

I forgive you.