Bonus Chapter: Clingy

"Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset babe," I muttered as I put in the song 'Wildest Dreams' in my CD player.

Yes, I still owned one.

I loved Taylor Swift and her songs—even though they were break-up songs. Today, the girls (aka, Alen and Jasmine) were supposed to come over for a little sleepover and I was just getting everything ready.

I let Jason know so that if I didn't reply to any of his texts I would be preoccupied with them. It was a girls night, something that was long overdue—especially for me.

The doorbell rang and I checked the time. 4 PM? That was a little early...

With my stupid cast I lulled myself down the stairs and opened the door to see Jason. "Jason?" I questioned with a surprised look. "What are you doing here?" He hugged me quickly.

"Can I come in?" He asked, his eyes pleading.

"Okay," I let him in. "But, what are you doing here? It's supposed to be a girls night." I told him, with a confused look.

He glanced out the window for a second before turning his attention back to me. "Trinity and Holly are not leaving me alone!" I rolled my eyes.

"Is this some prank or something? Because you can't be suggesting that they followed you here." I chuckled as he started to help me get to the living room.

"You sure about that?" He asked referring to the crazy things they'd done in the past. It was funny how we didn't have to take those situations seriously anymore. They were serious, but we sort of had an unspoken negotiation with Khadeejah, Holly and Trinity that we weren't going to speak to each other.

So much for unspoken negotiation.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang and Jason's eyes widened. "I wasn't here." He ran to another room to hide and I made my way to the door with my crutches.

I frowned as I opened the door expecting Holly and Trinity but I saw Alen and Jasmine with smiles on their faces. "Hey guys!" I greeted and welcomed them into my home.

Jason peered around the corner and they both gave me confused expressions. "Isn't this a girls night?" Jasmine asked.

"Well...yes..." I started. "But a problem has occurred and it has to do with Trinity and Holly." I sighed and immediately their faces dropped.

"This really has to happen today?" Alen complained and that's when we heard another doorbell ring. The girls set their stuff down while Jason ran to the other room once again.

I groaned opening the door and finally saw Trinity and Holly. "Hey!" Trinity smiled at me in a way that seemed fake.

"Hi..." I trailed off not really knowing what to say.

"Let me handle this," Jasmine moved towards the door and me and Alen watched her 'handle it'.

"We're here for the sleepover!" Holly exclaimed, 'excitedly'. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, really?" Jasmine asked sarcastically. "Since when were you invited?" She asked, waiting for an answer.

They struggled to find an answer. "And I don't see any bags for the sleepover." She continues pretending to look around to see if they brought bags. Alen snickered since she was playing with them.

Personally, this is the method of confronting I prefer, but can never do. Even though it was funny, I knew it was kind of wrong.

"We know Jason's here—we need to talk about something." Trinity cut to the chase, with a serious look.

"Yo, stop persisting and go live your own lives once." Jasmine suggested and was about to close the door until they stopped her.

"But this is important!" Holly insisted, which caused Jasmine to roll her eyes.

"Look, you need to understand that we've all had enough." Jasmine told them bluntly. "Stop clinging onto something you will never have." And that's when we were able to finally breath—Jason more so than us.

"Dealing with them takes more energy than I want to spend in one day." Jasmine shook her head while we laughed together.

Jason appeared and asked with a sheepish look, "Can I stay here for a little while longer?"

I looked at Alen and Jasmine. Alen gave a shrug and her expression seemed to say, 'it's your call.'

"Jason, I'm going to say this because I love you." I started and based on the widened-eyed look on his face he already knew where the conversation was heading. "You've got to face the rest of this on your own—even if it's frustrating." I told him, giving him a peck on the cheek and gently shoving him out.

"It's for your own good," I gave him an apologetic look while he started pleading with me.

Jasmine and Alen were chuckling in the background.

"No, Grimes don't leave me here!" He shook his head. "It's the apocalypse out here!" He exaggerated and I rolled my eyes.

"You will be fine." I laugh.

"In case these are my last words, I love you!" He said as I closed and locked the doors.

What a dramatic boyfriend.

Alen, Jasmine and we all stared at each other until we burst into laughter.

"So, I'll make the popcorn!" Jasmine said and ran into the kitchen.

"Let's set up the movie." Alen tells me and I get the movie while she brings blankets.

What an unusual day...

•••

bonus chapter after so long, aren't you glad?

anyway, i hoped you enjoyed this and if you haven't yet read 'Captivated By The Wrong Guy' then you should go ahead and do that!

it's a sequel based on Alen Shankland's perspective!

byeee!

Word count; 954