The Day I've Been Waiting For

CHAPTER 13; THE DAY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Jason asked me to be his girlfriend. After all these months of knowing him, him asking me out, and us staring at each other and hoping the other wouldn't notice, he said it. That moment was the moment I had been waiting for—hoping for, even if there was the part of me that knew I was ugly, stupid and not the person who should be with him.

I wasn't trying to purposely embarrass myself, but obviously that's what I ended up doing. "Uhh—what?" I asked still not wrapping my head around what he said. I mean my brain could've been tricking me into thinking he said it, only cause I *may* have fantasized that moment.

He looked down, frowning. Did I hurt him? "Forget it." He looked back up putting on a smile, which I clearly saw was false. The look in his eyes made me think otherwise. "It's nothing. I think I'm going to go now." He was about to get up but I grabbed his arm.

"Wait." I sighed, closing my eyes. He sat back down. The next thing that happened was a decision I made quickly. We were both never sure on each others feelings, so we were both scared to do this. But him asking for me to be his girlfriend clarified many things for me. So, I kissed him.

At first he was still, confused before he fell into it and kissed me softly. He put his hand on the right side of my face, which sent me sparks of electricity. It made the pleasure seem like an eternity.

I slowly departed, his smooth and soft lips lingering on my own. It felt so natural and so comforting for him to be by me but those feeling couldn't stop the other feelings of me being on fire or all the butterflies in my stomach. I was feeling dizzy even after this whole thing because it was my first and it was so perfect.

I opened my eyes slowly to see him, looking at me with desire in his eyes. I smiled and said, "Yes," The edges of his lips turned into a smirk. "I will."

•••

"No. Freaking. Way." Jasmine said, as both her and Alen's mouth were left hanging open. "He didn't. You didn't. What?!?" Jasmine whisper-yelled, completely perplexed. It was lunch time on another typical school day.

"And you thought to tell us this like a day later?" Alen was surprised. "Well a lot was going on in my mind." I told her. "Besides, this kind of thing needs to be said face to face and lunch was the best option." Jasmine nodded with agreement.

For a moment we all looked at each other—a cheesy smile on all of our faces before we burst out laughing. It wasn't a, 'there's-no-way-that-happened' laugh. It was a, 'I-cant-believe-it-happened' laugh. Mostly nervous and embarrassing laughters from me because this kind of thing is weird to explain to my friends. If I had said that to them out loud they would say things like, "Nonsense. You had to tell us."

"Well, Alen and Kian are also getting a start on things. He asked her out! I'm so proud of you two!" Jasmine squealed. Alen blushed so hard, you thought she was an actual tomato. "I'm so proud of you Alen! You conquered your fears!" I laughed. I can't believe how far things were going for us.

"Just don't forget about me!" Jasmine laughed with doubt. "We won't." Alen told her. I made a noise of agreement, before glancing at Jason's 'popular people' table.

I had told Jason to sit with his usual friends today so that I could explain what happened to my friends, but obviously leaving the last bit out. So as I glanced at their table, I saw Trinity and Holly giving me dirty looks. That was my cue to mess with their brains. "I'll be right back." I told my friends.