26 - Forget me

...

"The first time I saw you was in this place and this is also the place where I promise to you something. That's why I'll have to tell it to you here... You were so cold to me yet I felt warm, safe when I'm with you. You don't wanna be friends with me maybe that's why I want more than that. Even when you hurt me at the banquet I still wanted you because you were the only one who relieved me with all the pain I had. I still want to listen to you every night on your balcony... You gave me hope; when you came back, for the first time I wanna live again." Dara laughed when she realize she was already in tears.
"Ahahahha... I felt like I'm giving you a wedding vow okay I'll go straight to the point."

Yeol slowly lift his hands to wiped the tears on her cheek. Dara touch his hands while it was on her cheek. It stayed there. He love the feeling that his hands was helding her face.

"Yeol. I LOVE YOU. I ALWAYS LOVE YOU."

"I Love you more"

"Yeol I will never forget you. But ... I want you to promise me one thing..."

"What is it?"

Dara got really serious "please promise me."

"Okay tell me first"

"Promise me,...

Yeol eargerly waited for her to continue speaking..

"Promise me... You'll forget me." Tears flowed in her eyes.

Yeol froze he was over thinking everything. He thought it would be a good news. 'What does it mean?' ...  'Does it mean she don't have another chance?'

"I'll Di..." dara tried to explain.

Yeol quickly hugged her to stop her from saying those words. He was shocked also from what Dara wants him to promise. But he knows it already; he knows her consultation from the other doctors in other countries failed.

"Promise me you'll forget me."

"Let me remember you even if it hurts" Yeol burst out crying he hugged Dara so tightly. He feared to let go Dara. She has just got hope in living but that hope become hopeless. He imagined how hurt she felt to have hope nothing at all. He understand why she have to avoid falling inlove with him. He realize the pain she have felt while rejecting him.

Yeol tried to be strong and compose himself.

"How many percent is the survival rate for the operation?"

"15"

He broke out of the hugged and face her.

"Let's try finding other doctor."

"I don't want to"

"Maybe they could save you maybe the percentage of survival would go up? Come on. I'll come with you this time"

"Even though the chance of survival will go up with other doctors or hospital the effect will be the same..."

"What do you mean?"

"The operation may become successful but I will lose my hearing and die anyway"

Yeol stop on thinking he just stood there.