Chapter 5

'Hey, did Jake sent you an email?' McGee said getting off the elevator with Torres. 'Yes, he did' Bishop answered. 'So?' he asked. 'So we talked to him, but my gut says there's something else' Gibbs said. 'What do we do?' McGee asked. 'Rule #70. Torres and McGee, background this man. Bishop, read the transcripts and the informations from the NSA, look for something weird' Gibbs ordered.
It was 11.00 pm. 'I'm hungry' Bishop said from her desk. 'This time it makes sense' Torres said. 'Yes, it does' McGee stated. 'I wanna go home' Torres said. 'Me too' Bishop added. 'Go home' Gibbs said entering the bullpen. 'What?' Torres asked. 'Don't ask' Bishop said, grabbing her stuff. 'She's right, let's go' McGee said. They got in the elevator.
At the parking McGee saw he didn't have his phone. 'Damn it, it's on the desk. You guys go home. See you tomorrow.' he said. 'Ok, good night Tim' Torres said. 'Good night McGee' Bishop added. 'Where is your car Bishop?' Torres asked. 'There' she said pointing her finger. 'I come with you' he said. They started to walk. 'Hard case' Torres stated. 'Yes'. 'Did you find something in the stuff NSA gave us?' 'No' she answered. 'I'm sure you'll find something. You always find something'. 'Thanks for the trust, Nick' she said smiling. They were close to Bishop's car. 'Ellie'. 'What are you doing here?' she asked to Jake. 'I, I need to talk to you' he said with a bottle in the hand. 'Are you drunk?' 'Yes' he answered. 'Go home Jake' she said. 'No, hey. I'm sorry' 'For what?' 'For Taylor'. 'Really? It's been 2 years'. 'So you forgave me'. 'No!' she shouted. Nick looked at her; he never saw her in that way. 'You cheated on me! There is no prescription. -  she said while the tears were filling her eyes - Now go home'. 'Hey man, listen to her, go home' Nick added. 'Hey, you can't talk!' Jake said. 'I can, 'cause I'm her partner. And you can't treat her in this way.' 'Do you screw her, don't you?' Jake asked to Nick. 'You, bitch!' he said, grabbing Bishop's arm. 'Hey!' Torres said, punching him in the face. He fell, while Bishop was still paralyzed. 'Don't dare to call her in that way another time, or I won't give you only a punch. Now, GO HOME!' Nick said. Jake went away, while the blood was streaming down from his nose. 'Hey, B.' he said. 'Thanks' she said while her head was lowered. 'You're welcome' he said. Now they were in front of each other. Bishop's arms were crossed. He got close to her and he hugged her. Bishop started to cry, while Torres was holding on her. 'Nick, I'm so embarrassed' she said. 'Hey, no, you don't have to' he said, rubbing her shoulders. He touched her chin and she raised her head. He got close to Bishop. They looked at each other for a while. 'Can I take you home?' he asked. 'Yes, please' she said. 'Ok, let's take your car'. She nodded. They got in the car. When they arrived Torres walked towards the door with Bishop. He put his hands in the jeans' pockets. 'Do you wanna come in?' she asked. 'Yes, if you want'. 'I want' she stated. They got in.