Chapter 20

Ellie started talking about the beginning of the relationship between Nick and her, and Gibbs was in front of her, listening. 'And that's all'. He looked at her. 'C'mon, Gibbs. Say something'. 'Well, thanks, Bishop. I appreciate it' 'What do you wanna do?' 'Me?' 'Yes, your rule. It wasn't my intention to break it. I...' 'I know, Bishop. How's Torres with you?' 'He's sweet. And cute. He takes care of me' 'Good. It's the right thing to do. To take care of you' 'Yeah, he's... he's important to me' 'Who I am to take him away from you?' 'What... you... you won't make him change team or make us break up?' 'No, no, no... I couldn't. It's been brave to start a new relationship' 'Yes, but... it's working' 'I'm happy for you, Bishop'. They both stood up, a grin was on Ellie's face. 'C'mon, hug me' he suggested. She immediately listened to him, holding him tightly.

Hearing the door, Nick went towards it, putting the dishcloth on his shoulder. 'Hey' 'Hi' she said, leaning the coat and the bag. 'How was your day?' 'Good, and... strange' 'What do you mean?' he asked. He was worried, and he got close to her, holding her hands. She sighed. 'Hey, babe. Talk to me' 'Gibbs knows about us' 'W-what?' Yeah, but... it's okay'. 'It's okay?' 'Yes, he said that he was happy for me'. He made his hands rub through her arms, getting her shoulders. Then he placed a kiss on her lips. 'Good' he stated. 'Yes' she said, smiling. 'Are you hungry?' 'Yes, a little. You know me, my stomach doesn't demand so much' 'Yeah, you're... you're funny'.
She sat at the table, and Nick sat in front of her. 'What did you do today?' she asked, biting a piece of meat. 'I enjoyed my holiday. And... I thought of you' 'That's very sweet' she stated, making her voice acute. 'Yeah. I thought of your blonde hair, your smile, your voice...'. 'I thought of you too'. Ellie told him about the day, sticking the meat with the fork and saying him every single detail. 'Wow, it was a full day' 'Yes, it was'. 'I love hearing you talking about your day'. She smiled, shyly lowering her head. 'Hey, that's true' he said, holding her hand. 'Tell me if I bother you' 'You. Don't. Bother. Me. You're fascinating'. 'Nick Torres, are you trying to seduce me?' 'No. I'm trying to bribe you, Special Agent Bishop' 'Well, that's another story...'. She got close to him, placing a kiss on his lips. 'I'm so... hungry' she said. 'We can... end the dinner now' he suggested. He stood up, waiting for her. She got up too, tapping her fingers on the table, biting her lip. That was enough for Nick. He grabbed her, making Ellie smile. He placed multiple kisses on her face. 'Let's go to the bedroom, lady' 'Yes, I'd like it'. He picked her up, and after a few seconds she was on the bed. He took his shirt off, and Ellie nodded, like she was agreeing with what she was seeing. He went on the bed too. 'Come here' she said. 'Duty calls'.