Chapter 14

'Ellie...McGee?' 'Nick, hey! Ellie!'. He kindly rubbed her shoulder, and she woke up. She noticed that Nick was awake. 'Nick! Hey... how are you?' 'I'm tired... but I'm good'. 'I was so worried...'. She held his hand. 'I'm here, B.. How's Reeves?' 'He's good' McGee answered. 'That's a good news'. Ellie slightly glanced at Tim. He got it. 'I go to tell to the rest of the team that you're good' he said. 'Oh, yeah. Thanks, Tim' Nick said. When McGee was out, Nick immediately kissed her. She didn't expect it, and she opened her eyes wide. 'Hey' 'Hey, sorry if I made you worried' 'I'm happy that you're fine' 'Yeah, me too. So I can stay with you. I can kiss you. I can caress you' 'Yeah'. She lowered her head, her heart was slowing down now that Nick was okay. 'Are those tears?' Nick asked, noticing that her cheeks were wet. 'Oh, yeah' 'Ellie, baby. It must be horrible for you'. He caressed her. 'A little' 'I promised it' 'I know' she said. Tears were fulling her eyes. 'Hey, sweetheart' 'Nick, I-I thought I'd lost you'. He hardly raised his back up. 'Hey, tomorrow I'll be out of the hospital. And in a few days I'll back to work' 'Yes, you're right'. Someone knocked on the door. 'Hey, Gibbs' 'Nick, are you okay?' 'Yes' 'Rest for a while'. He nodded. 'Bishop, can you get out with me?' 'Yes, yes of course'. They exited Nick's room. 'What's up?' she asked. 'We have some news about Powell' 'Did we get him?' 'No, not yet, but we are working on it. The agents on the field found the cases on the roof of a building. McGee is tracking is phone down or his laptop. We'll find him' 'Ok, I get McGee' 'Are you sure to be okay?' 'Yes' 'Bishop, if you don't feel to work on it...' 'I wanna work on it! He's from the NSA, Gibbs. He's smart, I can offer an hand to McGee' 'Ok. He's there'. Bishop looked at McGee and nodded.
'Hey Tim' 'Ellie, how are you?' 'I'm good, thanks. Can I help you?' 'Oh, yes of course'. Ellie sat next to him and they started working. After a few minutes Bishop got up. 'We got him!'. 'Ok, go there'.
Ellie and Tim quickly went towards the car, then Tim drove towards the place where Powell was supposed to be. It was an abandoned building. 'He should be here' McGee stated. 'He is, I'm sure he is'. They got out the car. She was ready to get in the building, but Tim stopped her. 'Hey, Ellie' 'Yes?' 'Be careful. You're smarter than him, you can beat him'. She nodded. 'Yes' 'Ok, let's get him!'. They entered, looking around them and holding their SIG. 'I heard something' she whispered. He nodded. 'From upstairs' he stated. 'Yes'. They took the stairs, Bishop was ahead, Tim behind her. When she turned the corner, Powell grabbed her. 'Leave her!' Tim shouted. 'If you shoot, I kill her' 'Shoot, Tim!' 'I can't, Bishop...' 'He CAN'T, Bishop' 'Don't you dare to talk, Powell' 'You aren't in the position to tell me what I can dare to do' 'Yes, I am!'. She gave him an head butt, then she turned around and kicked him. On the floor, when he raised his head up, he saw her holding her gun. 'It's over, Bryan'.

Once they gave him to other agents, Tim and Ellie could come back to the hospital. 'Are you okay?' he asked. 'Yes, thanks Tim' 'You was a badass'. She chuckled. 'Thanks'. 'Hey, good work guys, they called me from the Navy Yard' Gibbs said, seeing them'. Bishop smiled. 'Thanks boss' Tim answered. 'I think I gonna check in on Reeves' Bishop stated. Gibbs nodded.

'Hey, Clay' 'Ellie, hi! How are you?' 'I'm good, but I'm not the one who was shot'. She got close to him. 'Oh, I'm fine. Gibbs said me you got him' 'Yes, we did' she said, a little smile was on her face. 'And Nick is recovering' he stated. 'Yes, he is'. 'You know, you told me about... about you' 'Oh' 'Yeah, I threatened him. You deserve to be treated like a princess' he said, with his English accent. 'Thanks, Clay' 'You know, he didn't tell me the details, so if you want...' 'Clayton Reeves!' 'What? We're friends, we should share these moments...' 'Not at all!' 'Ok, well, I tried' 'Yes, you did'. He held her hand. 'Hey, Ellie' 'Yes?' 'Everything's gonna be okay.'