Chapter 10

She kissed him too. 'Promise me you won't leave me' she said, holding his face with her hands. 'I promise it, Ellie'. She leaned her head onto his chest, and he started playing with her hair. 'You make me feel so... safe'. She touched his chest and his left bicep. 'I wanna make you feel safe' he said, kissing her on the forehead. 'I know. It's just, it's weird, you and me.' 'Are we weird?' 'Kinda. But... in a positive way' 'You're right. We passed all this time, working together, like friends, and I like it. But we could be more, I'd like to be something more for you.' 'I'd like it too' 'Other popcorns?' 'Yes' she said, grabbing them. 'I can't spend all my money in food' 'Well, if you wanna be my boyfriend, you'll gonna live with that' Your boyfriend?' 'Is-is it too early?' 'No, I like it. Do you wanna stay here, tonight?' 'Yes, I'd like it. My house is so empty' 'Good'. He touched her chin, she raised her head up, and he kissed her. 'I'm tired'. She snuggled up on the couch, Nick leaned his arm behind her. 'Good night, Ellie' 'Good night, Nick'.

*the day after*
'Good morning' Nick said, with a glass of orange juice in his hand. 'Good morning'. She raised her head up, looking at him and weakly smiling. 'How did you sleep?' 'Well. Thanks'. She noticed he put a blanket over her. He put himself on his knees in front of the couch. 'Are you hungry, little ray of sunshine?' 'Of course I am' 'I made some coffee and some pancakes.' Bishop opened her eyes wide. 'Really?' 'Yes, I can bring them here.' 'No, thanks. I'm gonna get up' 'Let me help you'. He picked her up. 'Nick!' 'It's ok, Bishop! I've got you'. She put her feet at earth. 'I know' she said, smiling. She kissed him. I wear the same clothes of yesterday.' 'Yes, what's the problem?' 'Someone will notice it. Can we go to my place?' 'Yes, of course. Now have breakfast. Put something in this stomach' he said, rubbing it. 'Okay'. After the breakfast they went to Ellie's place. She quickly changed her clothes, choosing a white shirt a and a grey sweater. She was looking herself at the mirror. 'You look good' Nick said. 'Are you sure?' 'Yes, I am. It misses the coat. He put the coat on her shoulders. 'Thanks' 'You're welcome'.

In the elevator Nick took Bishop's hand. Ellie glanced at her. 'Just for a few seconds' he said. 'Okay'. They got off the elevator separately, going to their own desks. 'Hey guys' McGee said. 'Hi Tim' 'Good morning man' 'How the film were?'. Bishop and Torres glanced at each other. 'Mine was good' Nick said. 'Yeah, mine too'. Then they started to work.
At the end of the day, they made some progress, but nothing relevant. 'This case is... exhausting' Bishop said, putting her hands on her head. 'Yes, you're right.' - McGee added - We should go home, sleep, tomorrow will find something important.' 'Thanks for the motivational speech Timmy' Nick said. 'Well, I trust you, McGee. You're right.' 'Thanks ELLIE' Tim said, glancing at Nick. 'You nerds join forces. C'mon Bishop, let's go home!'. Bishop glanced at him. 'Like McGee said' he said. 'Yeah'.
'What do you wanna do?' Nick asked, in front of Ellie's car. 'I don't know. What do you wanna do?' 'I wanna stay with you' 'Me too.' 'So, at my home or yours?' 'Yours is gonna be fine' 'Ok'. Then he looked around and he kissed her. 'Someone can see us' 'Then let's go home' 'Yes' she said, smiling.