Chapter 16

When Ellie woke up she immediately thought of Nick. She grinned, probably also because of how well she had slept. She went to the kitchen and she was very hungry. Jack was already there. 'Good morning, Ellie' 'Hi!' 'You're shining' she stated. 'Yes, I've rested, and I'm ready. And hungry.' 'Don't tell me!' 'Hahaha. Now. What have you got to eat?' 'Whatever you want, Ellie'. 'Uh, ok'. She started turning through the kitchen, looking for her breakfast. 'What could I eat...?'. She picked up the orange juice, the jam, three toast, and two pieces of cake. 'Wow' 'Do-do you think is not enough?' 'I think that the lunch will not be necessary' 'It's that I need a lot of energy, you know, for the work'. Jack chuckled, moving the chair to make Ellie sit. 'Thanks' 'So, what are you gonna do today?' 'I'm wanna go to the hospital, stay with Nick, and go home with him'. She sipped from her glass. 'This sounds like a very good plan' 'Yes. Do you wanna come with me?' 'Yes, I'd like it'. 'Good' she said, biting her toast.

'Hey, ray of sunshine!'. Nick was happy to see her girlfriend. 'Hi, Luis!'. She went towards him and placed a kiss on his lips. He caressed her hair, he missed her very much. 'You seem rested' 'I am. I've slept at Sloane's home' 'Good choice' 'She has a wonderful cake in the fridge. I ate two slices and they were delicious!'. Nick looked at her, while she was totally focused on the cake's description. 'Are you listening?' 'Yeah, yeah. Of course'. 'You're lying!' 'No, I'm not. I'm listening'. He kindly touched her ear, making her laugh. 'Nick!' 'Don't you like it?' 'No, I... I like it' 'Good. I'm gonna go on'. 'Is this your last day at the hospital?' 'It is'. She grinned. ' You're happy. I like when you're happy' 'I am, Nick. Really. And tonight, you will be my guest' 'Well, that's an honor. An Eleanor Bishop's guest. Is there a dress code?'. She shook her head, laughing. 'No, there isn't. But you could take some food' 'You're sick, Bishop. You need help'. She smiled, moving her hand on his face. And he bit her finger. 'Aw!' 'You put your hand on my face!' 'Because you told me that I'm sick. So, shut up' 'Oh, can't I talk?' 'No, you can't' 'Why?' 'Because in this way I can kiss you'. She lowered her head, getting closer to him, and she kissed him, while she was holding his face with her left hand. Then she sat on him. 'Does it hurt?' 'No, it doesn't' he answered, staring at her. 'Where's McGee? - she asked - 'I didn't see him' 'Oh, he went home' 'Have you been here alone?' 'No, Clayton and Gibbs stayed here'. 'Did you enjoyed it? What it was? A guys night?' 'Not exactly. Gibbs didn't spill a world, and Clayton made jokes we didn't understand. And I was thinking of you'. 'I could stay' 'No, you needed to get some rest. And now you're all mine'. He was moving his hands through her back. 'I'm not a property, Nick' 'I know. You're strong. And independent. And determined'. Hearing some footsteps, Ellie immediately got up. 'Jack, damn it. You scared me'. 'Sorry, guys. But Gibbs...' 'Gibbs what?' he asked, behind her. Bishop lowered her head, Nick looked at the other side of the room. 'Oh, hi' 'Hi, Jack. Bishop, how are you?' 'I'm good, thanks' 'Torres?' 'I'm good too. Despite Clayton's jokes'. Gibbs chucked. 'What were you talking about?' he asked, glancing at Jack. 'Nothing'. Then he glanced at Torres and Bishop, and they looked at him trying to get what he was thinking. 'Okay'. When he had left the room, Ellie and Nick heaved a sigh of relief. 'Thanks, Jack' Nick said. 'You're welcome. But you need to pay attention. He's Gibbs' 'Yes, you're right' 'He surely knows something' 'Why do you say it, Ellie?' Jack asked. 'His sight' 'Ellie, baby. He's Gibbs. He's famous due to his sight'. He held her hand. 'I don't know, Nick...' 'Hey, don't worry. We were talking about our night, remember?'. Jack got she was supposed to leave. 'I leave you alone, guys. So you can talk about your night'. They both chuckled. 'Yes, Jack. And thanks, again'. 'You're welcome, Nick. And enjoy your night'. 'Yes, we'll do it' he said, glancing at Bishop. She suddenly smiled, looking at her boyfriend were there were only the two of them. 'What?' he asked. 'I like this thing... between us' 'Yeah, me too'.