Chapter 25

In the early afternoon of the next day, Ellie was having lunch with Martinez, taking a short break from the work. They cheered each other, promising to organize soon another lunch.
Ellie took the keys to open the car. 'Agent Bishop?'. Ellie turned around, Lieutenant Brennan was in front of her. 'Good morning, Lieutenant' 'How do the investigations go on?' 'Good, we'll find the solution'. He nodded, still in front of her.

'Hey, Tim. What are you working on?' Nick asked. 'Sarah Hall's private life. And you guys?' 'Lieutenant Brennan' 'He's working on that' Clayton stated. 'Nick, c'mon. What did that guy do to you?' 'You had too see how he was with Bishop'. 'Nick, Bishop is a young and attractive woman. It's normal someone else finds her attractive' Clay noticed. 'No, man. There's something more'.

'Can I do something for you, Lieutenant?' 'It depends. You're single?' 'No, I'm sorry' 'It's such a shame' he replied, getting closer to her.

'Hey. Do you remember that Hall's file seemed normal?' Nick asked, moving towards him. 'Yes, why?' 'Well, it could be the same for Brennan. Something hidden' 'Well, if it exists, you can't access to it' 'But you can hack it' 'Nick, it's... it's illegal' he said, whispering at the end of the sentence. 'Yes, but we could find something important. Please, man'. 'Ok, come here'.
'Well, he's single. Good schools, high grades, he seems to be an excellent Marine' 'He seems, McGee. I didn't ask you for the informations on his file' 'Ok, there's... something. It's something related to the mission. Look'. Nick got close to the desktop. 'Well, it says he was scolded several times because of his behavior. Why didn't Vance say anything about this?' 'I don't know, Nick. Maybe he thought it wasn't relevant. These missions can be very stressful. And he wasn't scolded other times during his career.' 'Yes, but that time he had to do something relevant' 'But it doesn't deal with Lieutenant Hall'. 'Ok. Now hack the other files and check if there's something related to it' 'Nick, it's a waste of time' 'Listen to me, man. My guts says there's something wrong about that guy. So, please, check out'.
After a few seconds, Tim changed his expression. 'What?' 'Well, there are some details. Brennan had behavioral issues with the suspects. Hall and Terrence told about it with their superiors. He was particularly violent with women. Attempted sexual assault'. 'And is he still a Marine?' 'Well, he's father is very important. He covered it up. Neither Vance can access to these informations' 'Damn it! I knew it! That bastard, we need to talk with Gibbs and Bishop' 'Yes, you're right. I'll call Gibbs, where's Ellie?' 'She had a lunch with Martinez. I call her'. 'Boss, there's a problem. It's Brennan' 'What? Attempted... why didn't we know anything about this?!' 'The father covered it up' 'And the other Lieutenants?' 'They knew it' 'Maybe they wanted to make it public' 'I'm agree. I call up Lieutenant Terrence. Where's Bishop?' 'She doesn't answer' Nick said, showing the phone.