Chapter 24

And welcome back, Agent Torres' Leon said, before the guys came back to the squad room. 'Thanks, Director'.
'So. - Ellie said, going towards the bullpen along with Nick and Tim - We've got three Marines involved in a top secret operation, and one of them is dead. Probably the other two are in danger'. 'Or one of them is the murderer' Tim suggested. 'Maybe both of them' Nick added. 'Right. In both of the cases, we need to contact them. Gibbs, hey'. 'Bishop' 'We have something'.
'Okay. - Gibbs said, after the team told him the last events - Contact them. Call them out here, and we'll interrogate them separately to find out the truth'. They nodded, going to their desks and starting to work.

Torres and Bishop interrogated a Marine, while Tim, Clayton and Gibbs talked with the other one. At the end they summed up the situation. 'Well, Lieutenant Brennan seems okay. He talked with us about the mission, and we didn't find anything weird about him' Ellie said. 'Same for Lieutenant Terrence' Tim said. 'Something doesn't add up' Gibbs stated. 'We're sure we know everything about these guys?' 'I think we are, Nick' Tim answered. 'They have to know something' 'Maybe the murder isn't related with her mission' Ellie suggested. 'Right, Bishop. Dig more in the victim's life'. They nodded and went to the bullpen. 'I'm not agree with you, Bishop. That Brennan has something wrong' Nick said, leaning his elbow on the dividing wall. 'Only because he was kind with me' she stated, typing on the keyboard. 'Well, he was too much kind with you'. 'He was polite' 'And he was flirting with you' 'Maybe' 'And you didn't do anything' 'Because I'm not a child and I don't consider those things.' 'I'm not so sure about that, B.'. She shook her head, smiling and still typing.

In the evening, Nick and Ellie crossed the threshold together, Nick's arm was leaned on her shoulders. 'I'm so hungry' she stated. 'I'm hungry too' he replied, grabbing her waist and kissing her. She smiled, getting closer to him and leaning her hands on his back. 'We can cook something together' she suggested, rubbing his back. He nodded.
Ellie opened the oven and Nick hugged her from the behind. 'Nick, the dinner' 'It can wait' he said, kissing her. She smiled, feeling comfortable into his arms. 'You're beautiful' 'You're not that bad'. He slightly smiled, still kissing his girlfriend.