Chapter 9

The guys came back from the NSA, when Bishop was at her own desk, thinking of her conversation with Jack. 'Hey, news?' Gibbs asked, entering the bullpen. Hearing Gibbs's voice, Bishop shook her head. 'Yes boss' McGee said. 'We talked with Powell' Torres said. 'Ok, keep digging' Gibbs ordered. 'Hey Bishop, are you okay?' McGee asked. 'Yes, thanks Tim. I can search for other informations about Powell. The two of you guys look for the third man.' 'Yes ma'am' Nick said. Bishop smiled.
After a few hours they were still at the headquarters, so Gibbs decided to send them home. 'I wanna see the twins. - McGee stated - And you guys? Any plans?' 'I think I'll watch a movie' Nick answered. 'Yeah, me too. And I'll eat too' Ellie said. 'We didn't have any doubt, Ellie' Tim stated. They got on the elevator together. Nick and Ellie's cars were close, McGee's one was on the other side. 'So, what movie will you watch?' Nick asked. 'I don't know, probably I'll fall asleep on the couch' 'Oh'. But Ellie thought of Jack's words. 'And you?' she asked. 'I don't know, an action one. You know, bang-bang, some bad guys to catch' 'Have you got any food at home?' 'Yes, why?' 'We could watch that action movie together. But I want the popcorns' 'Oh, I'd like it. But the action movies I watch are violent. You could get scared' 'I'm a federal agent, Nick, I can watch an action movie.'
On Nick's couch, she regretted her own words. She picked her legs up, holding them with her arms. She took her shoes off with her feet. Nick looked at her and he chuckled. 'Are you scared, Special Agent Bishop?' he asked. 'A little' 'It's just a movie, Ellie' 'But it's realistic. Give me another popcorn.' 'Here you are'. She slowly ate it, looking at the TV. 'Oh!'; she jumped a little because of an hard scene. 'It's okay, B.' he said, rubbing her knee. After half an hour the movie ended. 'Nick' she whispered, while the end credits were streaming. 'Yes?' 'I talked with Sloane, before, while you and McGee were at the NSA.' 'About what?' 'About me'. He turned towards her, he was curious. 'Because of Jake?' 'Also because of him. She noticed something between us, between you and me.' 'Did you tell her about last night?' 'Yes. Are you angry?' 'No, of course. It's hard to be angry with you. And what did she say?' 'That I deserve to be happy' 'Well, she's right' 'Do-do you think it?' 'Yes, of course. You're wonderful, Bishop. You helped me when I joint to the team, you're a good person. And Jake is an idiot, 'cause you're beautiful and smart and brilliant.' 'What-what did you say?' 'That you are brilliant' 'And?' 'And smart' 'And?' 'Beautiful' 'Th-thanks Nick' 'Did I say something wrong?' 'No, why did you ask it?' 'Your reaction is weird.' 'It's that, it's been a while since someone didn't say it to me' 'Since Qasim' 'Yes'. She was tearful. 'Hey'. He rubbed her shoulder. 'I miss him' 'I know'. She sniffled, leaning her hand on his thigh. He took her hair off her forehead. 'It isn't fair, someone should say it to you everyday. I could do that. Are you agree with me?' She nodded. He leaned his hand on her cheek and sweetly kissed her.