Chapter 7

'McGee, where are Torres and Bishop?' Gibbs asked entering the bullpen. 'They're, oh, I don't know' he answered, noticing his colleagues weren't at their desks. 'Gibbs, I talked with the wife. - Sloane said - She said her husband and Fatimi worked together'. 'Together?' he asked. 'Yes, and she said there was another man involved, but she can't remember the name'. 'Ok, good job Jack. McGee, find this guy. Look for someone in common between the lieutenant and Fatimi' Gibbs said. 'Where are Torres and Bishop?' Jack asked. 'That's a good question' Gibbs answered. Jack went to the vending machines.

'It's so weird' Bishop stated. 'Don't worry, Ellie' he said, putting his hand on the one of her. He smiled at her, then he saw Sloane. 'Oh, Jack' he said. 'Hi.' 'Hi Jack' Bishop said. 'Did I interrupt anything?' 'No' Bishop answered. 'I think Gibbs is looking for you' she said. 'Oh, thanks' Bishop said, getting up. 'Yes, thanks Jack' Torres said. He got up too, and he went towards the bullpen. Bishop was behind him, but Jack stopped her. 'Hey, Bishop' she said. 'Yes?' 'Can I talk to you, later?' 'Yes, of course' she answered. Sloane smiled at her, then Bishop returned to her desk.

'News?' Bishop asked entering the bullpen. 'Yes' Gibbs answered, going upstairs. 'McGee' she said, looking for help. 'Oh, he arrived and you weren't here'. 'Got it' she said. 'What are you working on, McGee?' Torres asked. 'I'm looking for a person who links the lieutenant and Fatimi. According to the wife, there is a third man involved.' he answered. They started to dig.

'Leon, can you talk?' Gibbs asked. 'Yes, Gibbs' he answered. 'Any news from the NSA?' 'No. They said me what they say us since the case has began' he answered. 'Something doesn't add up' Gibbs stated. 'Yes, you're right.'

'Hey, listen to this. - Bishop said. The one who leads Fatimi's interviews is always the same.' 'Put it on the plasma' McGee said. The reports of the NSA appeared on the plasma, and a name was on all of them. 'Bryan Powell' McGee read. 'I remember him' Bishop said. Torres got close to her desk. 'Did you work together?' McGee asked. 'No, we had different tasks. But he's a friend of Jake' she answered. 'So why did he work on Fatimi's case?' 'Good question' Bishop answered. 'We should go to the NSA' McGee stated. Bishop lowered her head. 'I can go with Torres. Nick?' 'Yes' he said. 'Thanks Tim' she said. 'Let's go Nick' McGee said, standing up.

They showed their IDs at the NSA. 'Do you look for Jake Malloy?' 'No, we would like to talk with Bryan Powell'. 'I am Bryan Powell' a man said, going towards them. 'Good morning, Mr. Powell. Agent McGee and Agent Torres'. 'Oh, the death of the lieutenant, yes. How can I help you?' 'Well, you should tell why you worked on Fatimi's case. You had other tasks at the NSA.' 'Yes, they needed me for the problem with the Middle East.' 'Did the lieutenant contact you?' McGee asked. 'Yes, he gave us Fatimi's name. And we started to investigate. Did you arrest him?' 'No, not yet. We're investigating too' McGee said. 'Pay attention' Powell said.  'We'll do' Torres said. They were coming back to the car, when McGee saw Jake. 'Hey, is that Jake?' he asked. 'Yeah, he is' he said, trying to reach the car. 'Hey, he's got a bruise, look at his eye'. 'Oh, yeah' he said, walking away. 'Nick, stop!' McGee whispered. 'What?' he asked. 'I'm curious; it seems like someone punched him in the face.' 'Maybe he deserved it' Torres stated, going towards the car. McGee glanced at Jake, then he followed Nick.