Chapter 11

'I'm so hungry!' 'Don't tell me!' 'Be serious, is there anything to eat?' 'Yes, I have some pizza' 'Yes!'. She ran towards the kitchen. 'Hey, slow down'. He gently grabbed her arms. 'Why?' 'So I can kiss you'. He kissed her, then she glanced at him, smiling. 'Now you can sit down so I can prepare you the dinner' he said. Do you mean cook it in the even?' 'Yes' 'I can help' 'I know but you're tired' 'Thanks' she said, kissing him. 'You're welcome'. She sat on the couch and switched channels on TV, looking for a comedy. After a while Nick went towards her with two pizzas. Ellie opened her eyes wide. 'Someone's hungry' Nick stated, smiling. 'Yes I am!'. Nick sat on the couch next to her, he leaned his arm behind her, watching her taking a slice of pizza. 'What do we watch?' he asked. 'The Big Bang Theory' 'Ok'. The episode relaxed Ellie, who started laughing. 'Do you understand the jokes?' he asked. 'Yes' 'You are so brilliant' 'It's only physics'. He kissed her on the cheek. After a few episodes Ellie checked the phone. 'Damn it, it's late!'. On the contrary, Nick was relaxed. 'What?' 'It's late, I have to sleep.' 'Relax, Ellie' 'It's-it's that, if I don't sleep I won't be at 100% tomorrow and I definitely want to close this case' 'Hey, B., we'll close this case'. He caressed her cheek. 'I don't know Nick.' 'Hey, listen to me. You are stressed because of the case, and it's normal. But we'll solve it. This team, your family, it will solve it.' 'Yes' 'Do you wanna stay here tonight?' 'Yes' she whispered. She leaned her head onto his chest. 'Ok. Let's sleep. Tomorrow will find out who the bad guy is.' 'Yes'. 'Tonight the bed is yours. I'll sleep on the couch'. She raised herself up. 'No! It is your bed, Nick. You're couch is comfortable' 'Indeed I will sleep on it. Your back deserves better.' 'Ok, but when you will come in my apartment, you will sleep on the bed.' 'Copy that, boss. Now let's go to sleep'. He picked her up. 'Nick!' 'I'm taking my princess to the bed' 'Idiot!'. She smiled and kissed him, holding his face between her hands. Then he gently leaned her on the bed. He sat on it, caressing her hair. 'Are you comfortable?' 'Yes, I am' 'Good. Then good night'. And he kissed her. 'Good night'.

*the day after*
Ellie woke up and interrupted the alarm, smelling the pancakes from the bed. She got up, going towards Nick who was already having breakfast. 'Hey, haven't you sleep?' 'Good morning beauty' he said, standing up and going towards her. 'Good morning'. She kissed him. 'I don't need too many hours of sleep' he answered. 'Lucky guy' 'How did you sleep?' 'Well. The bed was comfortable' 'Glad to hear it'.

'Good morning everyone!' Ellie said, exiting the elevator with Nick. 'Hey Bishop. Good morning. Right mood to start the day.' 'You can say it, Tim.' 'Hey, guys!' Clayton said, going towards them. 'Hi man' Nick said. He put his stuff on the desk. 'Hey, Nick. Gibbs said we have to go to Powell. He wants to see us' 'Ok'. He grabbed his stuff, going to the elevator with his friend. 'Hey, guys' Bishop said. Nick turned around. 'Yes?' he asked. 'Be careful' 'We will' he said, smiling. Bishop and McGee kept working on the third man.

Clayton and Nick were on the way for the address Powell gave NCIS. 'Nick, are you.. pumped?' Clayton asked, seeing how his friend was in a positive mood. 'Oh, yes' 'Who is she?' 'What?' 'This, is the effect of a woman. So tell me, do I know her?' 'Uhm, yes' 'Come on, I'm curious' 'Clayton, listen. It's a serious thing. She's a good person and I don't wanna disappoint her.' 'You care about her.' 'Yes, I do' 'So?'. Nick sighed. 'It's Bishop' 'What? Are you and Ellie a thing?' 'Yes. I like her, man. We are different but we can work.' 'Well, I support you' 'Thanks man' 'But don't make her suffer, or I will make you suffer' 'Ok' he said, smiling. Clayton parked the car.

'Bishop' Tim said from his desk. 'Have you got something?' 'Uhm? No. But did you wear the same clothes yesterday?' 'Uhm, yes. I-I like them' she quickly answered. McGee backed to work, and Bishop sighed before backing to work too. After a few seconds he called her again. 'Ellie' 'Tim I said I like them' 'No! I think I found the third man' 'What? Plasma'. They simultaneously stood up. Gibbs and Leon went towards the plasma. 'McGee, why is Powell's file on the plasma?' 'Boss, he's the third man'.