Chapter 13

Jack entered Clayton's room. 'Hey, Jack' 'Hey. Our James Bond did it another time'. He laughed. 'How's Nick?' 'He's out of the surgery, but his conditions are still uncertain' 'Got it. And Bishop?' 'Bishop?' 'Yeah. Nick told me that they are a thing. And I'm sure Ellie talked with you. So, how is she?' 'She's trying to pull her strengths together, she don't wanna lose him.' 'Yeah. Yes, she deserves to be happy.' 'You are a dear friend, Clay.' 'I could talk to her' 'She's not speaking with anyone. So I could call her...' 'No, I'll give her some space. She needs time to open herself with the others, and what happened didn't help her.' 'Good analysis'. He chuckled.

'Hey, Ellie, here's a cup of tea' Tim said, in front of his friend. 'Thanks Tim.' 'Are there any news?'. 'No' 'Have you seen him?' 'No' 'You should do it'. He sat down next to her. 'Jack said the same'. She took s sip of her tea. 'He can hear your voice, Ellie. He can feel your hands. Go'. She nodded. She got up and went into Nick's room.
'Hey, I'm late. Sorry'. She grabbed a chair and put it close to his bed. 'I didn't wanna to get in because... I'm mad. I would like to hear your voice saying it will be okay'. She held his hand. 'Because I don't know how it'll be, Nick. My brain can't find a solution. The only thing that I know is that I wanna catch that bastard! You said it, we have to catch the bad guy. I wanna catch him for you. McGee said you can feel my hands. I hope it's true. I wanna you wake up, I need it, Nick. You PROMISED me you wouldn't leave me. So you can't do it!'. She couldn't hold her tears; she leaned her head on his chest, starting sobbing.

Jack came back from Clayton's room, and she heard Ellie from the outside. McGee noticed it. 'I don't know what to do. - he stated - I wanna enter, but at the same time I wanna give her her own space.' 'Since how she's been in there?' 'A few minutes' 'Go'.
He entered the room, trying to not bother her. 'Tim, what-what do you here?' she asked, raising her head up. 'I wanted to check in on you'. She nodded, keeping her hands on Nick. 'Ellie, I heard you sobbing from the outside.' 'Oh'. She sniffled. 'Ellie, I-I can't stay outside hearing you crying. I can't. You're like a sister to me, and when my sister has a problem, I wanna help her' 'You can't do it, McGee. I appreciate it, but it is a fight only Nick can fight' 'Do you remember when Jake was in Dubai?' 'Yes, but my ex-husband isn't the argument I wanna talk about right now' 'You were worried, and you didn't wanna talk with us. So I took my laptop and I started working next to you.' 'Yes. You were very cute. I'm thankful to you for that moment. It was... important' 'Ok, so just let me stay here. Please' 'Ok'. He grabbed a chair and put it next to Bishop's one. After a while, McGee looked at her. She was sleeping, leaned on his shoulder. Nick hardly opened his eyes.