Chapter 18

'Ellie! Get up'. She was snuggling up under the blankets, her eyes were too tired to open up. 'Ellie!'. 'Shut up, I'm trying to sleep'. When her face appeared upon the blanket, a grin was born on it, seeing Nick on the threshold. He wore only a pair of shorts. 'Ellie, you have to go to work'. But she was staring at him, and she didn't heard a word. 'Uh?' 'Work, Ellie. And I've prepared the breakfast. I'm sure you're hungry'. She was. 'I didn't hear the alarm' 'But I did. It was 5 minutes ago.' 'Damn it'. She finally got up, running her hand through her hair. He slightly smiled because of the scene.
After a while she went to to the kitchen, already dressed for the work. Her eyes became wide because of the pancakes on the table. 'You should rest' she stated, eating. 'Yes, but I woke up early, and I thought - Let's cook something for the blondie -' 'Good idea. Really. These pancakes are... incredible'. 'Glad you like it' 'Thanks for... had taken me to bed, last night. My back is grateful'. 'I couldn't leave you there, alone. You seemed like a puppy' 'Excuse me?' 'Yeah, you were snuggled up, on the couch. It was a compliment'. He went behind her, and started deeply touching her shoulders. 'Your hands, Nick... they are golden' 'You can say that.' 'But you always use them when I have something to do' 'Right, work' 'Yes' she said, standing up. 'Have a good day' 'You too'. She walked towards the door. 'See you this evening' he said, and she turned around, surprised, looking at him. 'What?' 'This evening. I thought... I wanted to go home, take some clothes, come back here. If you're agree' 'Yes, I am. It's weird to have someone who come back home to' 'And beautiful' 'Yes, it is'.

'Good morning everyone!' Ellie said, getting off the elevator. 'Hey, Ellie' Tim answered, from his desk. 'Ellie, hi!' Clayton answered too, behind the separator. 'Hey, Clay. How are you?' 'Good. And Nick?' 'Oh, he's good too'. Talking about him, she was smiling.
'Have you heard him?' Gibbs asked, arriving behind her. She jumped, recognizing his voice. 'Yes, this morning'. He looked at her for a while, like at the hospital. 'Good' he said, after a few seconds. She heaved a sign of relief, and she sat at her own desk. 'New case boss?' McGee asked. 'No, enjoy your relax. You deserve it. I go to Vance'. The guys looked at each other, not knowing very well what to do, at their desks without a new case. Jack got them. 'Hey, Sloane. Give us some company' Bishop suggested. 'Okay'. She sat at Nick's desk. 'We could play a game' Tim suggested. 'Please, McGee. We aren't at the Primary School' Clayton answered. 'Don't be rude, and come here. I don't wanna turn myself every time I talk with you' 'Ok, boss'. Clayton got his fellow blonde agent, leaning his back on the separator behind her desk. 'You know, Jack, when McGee and Gibbs were in Paraguay, Ellie led the team' 'I'm sure she did a great job' 'Yes, as a dictator' 'Don't go too far' 'Don't-don't go too far?' 'I had a huge responsibility, Clay. It wasn't easy'. Tim chuckled watching his friends chatting. 'How it went last night?' Jack asked, changing argument. 'Oh, well, thanks. I prepared the dinner for him' 'Related with a patriarchal vision of the world, but cute' Jack observed. 'I thought you only ate, Ellie' Tim said. 'Idiot!' she replied, throwing a balled up paper. 'Agents, please' Leon said, from upstairs. 'C'mon, Leon!' Jack replied. 'Yes, c'mon, Leon!' Tim added. But he regretted his sentence looking at Vance. 'Sorry, Director'. Leon sighed, then he glanced at Ellie. 'Agent Bishop, we should talk' 'Why?' she shyly asked. 'I'll tell you in my office'. She stood up, visibly worried.