Chapter 8

Jack exited her office and she saw Bishop, who was alone at her desk, staring at her computer, but doing nothing. Ellie wasn't comfortable talking about her feelings, there were a few people she was used to confide in. Gibbs got close to Jack. 'Hey' he said. 'Hey.' 'What are you doing?' 'I'm observing her' she said, looking at Bishop. 'Are you worried about her?' 'Kinda. She doesn't talk a lot about herself. I mean, she's brilliant and smart. And she's very good doing her job, but she should talk about this' 'Talk to her.' 'I'll try'. Gibbs put his hand on her shoulder, then he went away. Jack got close to Bishop. 'Hey, Ellie' she said, trying to understand the situation. 'Hi, Jack.' 'Hey, do you wanna talk?' 'I don't know, Jack'. Her hands were crossed. She had so many thing in her head. 'Ellie' 'Uhm, yes.' 'Do you wanna come in my office?' she asked, trying to catch her gaze. She nodded. Then she stood up. Jack leaned her hand on Bishop's shoulder, and they went to the office
They sat down. 'How's the case going on?' Jack asked. 'Well.' 'And about Jake?' 'He's at the NSA, I'm here at the NCIS, we don't have to work together.' 'It's logical, Ellie. You're a smart woman. But we are talking about feelings. You loved him, Ellie.' 'You're right, I loved him. It's the past.' 'You wasn't lucky in love.' 'And you right again.' 'Hey, it isn't your fault.' 'I don't know Jack. After Qasim I started to think that there was something wrong with me. Sometimes I'd just want someone who can I back home to. Someone who talk with. Someone who loves me.'  'Ellie. - Jack said, holding her hand - We are your family. We love you, honey.' 'I know, Jack. - she said, crying and smiling at the same time - I was talking about a different type of love.' 'Well, there's someone' Jack stated. 'Who?' 'Nick' 'We're friends' she said, trying to avoid Jack's eyes. 'Yes, you are. But you could be something more. Something happened between the two of you. I noticed it, before.' 'Yesterday' Bishop said, starting to talk about the previous night.
'So Nick entered' Jack stated. 'Yes. I was still shocked by Jake and he wanted to reassure me. We sat on the couch and he tried to talk with me but I was isolated, so he got close and he leaned his arm behind me, he said that it wasn't my fault and that he was with me so I was supposed to be calm. I looked at him and he was, you know, kind. He made me feel comfortable and safe. He smiled and he rubbed my shoulder, he asked me if I was ok. I said that I wasn't ok and I leaned my head onto his chest. Then I raised it up and we looked at each other, he caressed my cheek, I got close.' 'And?' 'And I lowered my head.' 'So you didn't kiss each other. Ellie, tell me. Why did you make Nick enter?' 'Because I wanted to stay with him.' 'Ellie, he wanted to kiss you'. She was confused, thinking about Jack's words. 'He wanted to do it. - Bishop realized - I don't wanna suffer, Jack.' she said, tearful. 'I know, Ellie, but he isn't Jake or Qasim. Don't stop your feelings for him. You deserve to be happy, Ellie.' 'Yeah, you're right' Bishop said, smiling.