Home

"Hey, man...wake up...ya fell asleep on the turntable again."

King Kong Mushi was right next to me, rubbing my back. Boy, he looked like he had a fun night. Not me, though: my head was pounding like a tribal drum, and my mouth reeked of beer and donuts. I couldn't even stand up, I felt so out of it. 

"Need a ride home?" Mushi asked. I couldn't ask if he was sober or not, so I just nodded yes. 

When we made our way to Mushi's car, I just plopped down in the back seat. I didn't even bother to put on a seatbelt. Once you lay down in King Kong Mushi's car, you realize how disgusting this man really is. The slight stench of marijuana, Chunky Burger wrappers all over the floor, stains from you don't even wanna know where in the fuck they came from, grocery bags filled with ripe vomit, I could go on for a long time. But I don't care about this pigsty he calls his car. I just wanna go home. No one can bare with riding with him, and I was no exception. The moment the engine started, I blew chunks out the window. There go those donuts I mentioned earlier. I sank down in the back seat, letting the motion of the car lull me to sleep.

*  *  * 

"Hey, get up. We're at your house."

Mushi's voice woke me up again. I could still taste my episode of vomiting. A Chunky Burger wrapper was stuck to my foot. I just wanted to get inside my house and clean myself up

When I got a good look of my house, Paula was sitting on the steps, almost nodding off. 

I knelt down to where she sat, gently patting her back. 

"...hi PJ..." she groaned. I helped her stand up, then walked her inside.