A Rundown of Everything

Parappa's POV

I barely remember last night.

What I do know is, whatever I did, or how high I was, Sunny was there for me.

God, I love that woman.

I took a look at myself in the mirror. I was wrapped in so many bandages I nearly felt like a damn mummy.

Oh my, Parappa, I heard my dad's voice echo in my brain, what have you gotten yourself into?

The bandages wrapped on me were crusted in blood stains, and they itched really bad. I pick at them some, but a voice intrudes and scares me.

"Par, please don't mess with those," Sunny sighs as she enters, "you had quite a rough night. Why'd you think I let you sleep in?"

The clock on the wall read 1:33pm. Letting me sleep in this late almost seemed too nice, even for Sunny Funny standards: I must've come home really late. Sunny grabs my right hand and unravels the cotton tape on it. A habit kicks in, causing me to squeeze her hand once mine is free.

"You are such a dork," Sunny chuckles. My face goes bright rose, "Try your best not to use this one, ok?" I squeeze her when she finishes. "You do so much for me," I say in a low voice.

* * *

PJ's house isnt the prettiest sight, but then again, he was never the tidiest person I've known. It felt good knowing I was visiting him for once. These past few days he's just been coming to me, and we both needed a change. I knocked at least six times before getting impatient.

"Yo! Anybody in here?!" I yelled, "It's Parappa."

Paula was the one to answer the door. Her hair was tied into a bandanna, and she wore one of PJ's Club Fun hoodies. Given his larger build, it looked quite massive on her.

"I know what you're trying to hide," slips out of my mouth, "PJ told me."

Paula just hangs her head in shame. "Niether of us know how it why...this happened," she motions at her stomach, "life is just so sudden for the both of us at this point."

She didn't even mention my bandages. Weird.

"Can I come in?" I slowly ask.

"I guess. Mind the clutter, though: the lump on the couch refuses to help me clean up a bit."

PJ was sound asleep on his collapsed couch. I wanted to wake him up, but a note was stuck on his arm that read "Long night. Don't bother me." You and me both, buddy.

"You need any help?" I absent-mindedly asked Paula. She glares at me and throws a broom to me. I know Sunny told me to try and not use my right hand, but I needed to do some good things to try and rule out all this shit life is throwing at us. It just feels right.

"What's got you looking so roughed up?" Paula finally noticed I was wearing bandages in various places.

"I don't remember," I try to think, "but I know I went out last night because I was tense."

"You weren't at Club Fun, were ya? Heard on the radio some street thugs broke out of prison and assaulted a passerby, but said passerby beat 'em up and ran off."

Then it hit me.

I was the passerby.

I beat up Gaster and his buddy.

I ran away.

"Um! Earth to Parappa!" Paula snapped me back.

"...I was there..." I said half still in a trance.

"Huh?!"

"They had knives...I felt helpless...I remembered my karate lessons as a last result...that's what these bandages are for..."