Like an Egg

"...and she just glared at us like we were accusing her of something!" Parappa stated, "I just don't get it."

"It's because your a boy," Pinto teased.

"Whazzat supposed to mean?" The 14-year-old boy looked at his 8-year-old sister funny.

"It means boys don't thinks like girls, bro."

"What's different?"

Pinto just shrugged. Parappa tsked as he eased his sister off his lap: his leg was falling asleep.

"Matt wants nothing to do with anything else," he continued after stretching, "he just wants to get Paula to spit it out!"

"Has he talked to her?" Pinto asked as she fell backwards on her brother's bed.

"Didn't work."

"What about you?"

Parappa shook his head.

"What about Sunny? She's a girl."

Parappa's face went instant tomato.

"What?! I was just saying! My friend tells me her older sister gossips constantly with her friend, and she's a girl! Maybe Paula needs a girl to talk to..."

"Y'know, sis...you might be onto something..."

* * *

"Are you sure this will work?" Matt sighed as he stirred at his milkshake. He was growing impatient.

"It will!" Parappa whined, "trust me, I got advice on this."

Matt gazed at Parappa flatly.

"You turned to your sister for advice again, didn't you?"

Parappa's face turned pink.

"Parapa, she's freakin' eight. What could she know about this-"

"Shush!"

Parappa bolted at the sight of one pink-haired girl.

"Hi Sunny!" He wasted no time greeting her.

"Hey, Parappa!" Sunny greeted back, causing Parappa's face to glow red, "You called me to meet you here?"

"Oh-yeah! Well, you see..."

Parappa's words got caught in his throat. He still hadn't worked up the courage to talk to the girl of his dreams. He turned around and jumped at the presence of Matt.

"We, uh...we have a favor to ask..." was all Parappa could say before turning away and covering his face with his beanie. The word "idiot" repeated itself in his brain.

"You know Paula?" Matt asked, the impatience still in his voice. Sunny nodded in slight confusion.

"Somethin's up with her. I wanna know what, but she won't talk to us. So genius over here (he gestured at Parappa) thought you'd be a better candidate for her to open up to. Apparently he thinks girls do that kinda thing."

Parappa groaned loudly at Matt's statement, then ran to hide in the bathroom.

"Look, can you just...talk with her and see if she tells you anything? I'm getting tired of hanging out at this dump."

"I mean...I guess I can..." Sunny sighed, slightly disappointed that Parappa didn't wanna just hang out.

"S-Sunny!" Parappa yelled as he exited the bathroom, "We'll still hang out...we still need to wait on Paula..."

Matt rolled his eyes and went to order another milkshake. "Parappa, this better work. I'm getting antsy."