Wait, What?

PJ's POV

I pull her in close, and she hangs her head low. She looks up at me, my worried expression reflecting in her deep purple eyes.

"I think I might be pregnant."

What?

My thoughts are off the racetrack at this point. I wanna yell at her. We're not even that close, why does she think this?

"I'm sorry," she sighs, "just seems everything in life is so sudden now, isn't it? I mean, you've lost your ability to speak, for one, and I-I think,-" she cuts herself off and hides her face in a dirty pillow. I gently pat her back: it feels like it's the only thing I can do at this point. When she lifts her head back up, an instinct kicks in, and I squeeze her.

"PJ, I'm sorry...I don't know what to do either."

* * *

I held Paula's hand the way Parappa holds Sunny's hand. I know I said we're not that close, but I feel like I'm getting closer to her. Her thumb is in her mouth, most likely out of nervousness. I wanna tell her that whatever will happen next, I'll help her figure something out.

The doctor comes back.

"How do you want me to break this to you, Ms Fox?" He asked.

"Just tell me," Paula makes her point clear, "no bullshit. Am I...am I pregnant or not?"

"...you are, Ms. Fox."

I hold Paula tight. There really is a child, if not mine, inside of her.