Fix You

Sunny's POV

I was awoken by a loud thud repeatedly coming from downstairs. I had to investigate: Parappa wasn't there with me.

He was at the door. He looked like a hobo.

"PARAPPA! IT'S 3 IN THE MORNING! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" I uncontrollably yell in his face. He looks up, burps, then picks up a clay pot, only to violently vomit in it. (Sorry, Grandma...)

He stumbles inside to find the couch and plop on it, screaming into the pillow on the arm.

"Look, I'm sorry I exploded like that," I apologize, "it's just so late and you weren't-" I stop mid-sentence when I noticed that, while I was rubbing his back, I get blood on my hand. There's a huge slice carved in his back, not so well hidden behind his unkempt hair. "Sit up," I tell him. He does, and I ease the bloodstained hoodie and shirt off of him. His arm, hand, and face are also slit. His body and breathing are shaky.

"Oh my god...Parappa, what happened?!"

Tears roll down his face. He winces when his tears get into the wound on his cheek

"I just.." he chokes on his tears, "I just went out to tire myself, but-but these two guys found me, and-and-" he stops mid-sentence and makes his crying audible. He suddenly pulls up his right pants leg, revealing another gash below his knee. "They had knives..." he chokes out again, "they got me pretty good...I'm sorry I woke you up looking like this!"

He's crying like a baby.

Without another word, I leave to get a first-aid kit. He needs a good cleaning up.

"Hey, hey...it's ok..." I try to calm him down, "I know things are looking bad, and I know it keeps you up at night, just..." I get a good look at his face. His eyes are red. It didn't seem like he was crying that long.

"Did you go to 'have fun' with Mushi?"

He nods. "I'm sorry...it was all I could think of..."

"Takes a big man to admit his mistakes."

I start cleaning up his wounds, starting with his face. Once I dab a peroxide-soaked cotton ball at him, he winces again.

"You are such a baby," I softly chuckle, "It doesn't sting that bad."

He just pouts at me.

It took a good thirty minutes for me to fix him up: those cuts seemed so minor at first, but they were actually pretty deep. The slice in his back, though, that's another story. I was afraid we'd have to resort to getting him stitches: thankfully that wasn't the case.

"Feel any better?" A stupid question, I know, but he's pretty sore.

He just looks me dead in the eyes, then pulls me in by my arms.

"Sunny..oh, my sweet Sunny Hunny," he says, "I cannot thank you enough! I know you'll always love me, even if I go out and do stupid shit like this, I just-" he stops, and looks down.

"God, I love you so fucking much."

Without hesitation, he kisses me. Passionately. On the lips. His breath is rancid, but I don't care. This is a moment to seize. His weight pushes me down. His foot is tapping restlessly, and his heart is pounding as if it would burst out of his chest and into mine. He's not usually this good a kisser: he must be happy to know I was there. Suddenly, I feel something poke at me. Oh, Parappa, you just can't contain yourself, can you?

"GAH!" he pulls away in shock, "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me..." His face is glowing read and his legs are crossed. I hear him yell "Down, boy!" through gritted teeth.

"Come upstairs, I giggle while patting his shoulder, "You need to rest."