Inventions

Sunny's POV

Where's Parappa at this hour? It's really late. I'm really worried.

My worry faded once I saw light through the garage door.

Parappa was inside, sound asleep on the desk. Wouldn't be the first time. He's tried tinkering with stuff like his father from time to time, and most of the time he falls asleep trying.

"Par, wake up. You need to sleep in a bed," I gently shake him awake.

"but...this needs to be finished..." he sleepily groans, "y'know, I gotta..."

"Yes, I know. You've gotta believe. But you also gotta sleep."

I end up picking him up and carrying him upstairs. (With my father being a retired General, I have gotten a bit stronger than I look.)

*time skip, the next morning*

"So, what's the big man working on this time?" I ask once Parappa woke up.

"Oh yeah!" He he responds, "C'mon, you should see."

* * *

There are hundreds of blueprints on the desk in the garage, but the one he pulled out to show me, he did with determination.

"This thing I know will change things," he boasted. The print showed something round.

"Is this something you plan to finish?" I snark.

"Sunny, I'm serious. I'm also doing this for PJ."

His friendship with PJ is as strong as his love for me. I really appreciate it.

"So, what is it?"

"What I wanna do...I wanna give him his voice back."

"So this is like one of voice box thingies?"

He kissed me on the cheek, much like I do to him.

"You are so smart."