Discussion

Parappa's POV

Dear God, my head.

What did I do?

Where am I?

"Parappa? You ok?"

I think I know that voice.

My vision clears up. The voice was that of Sunny's father.

"Uh-General! I don't mean to-uh..." I immediately sprang up and attempt to salute him. Even at this age, he still scares me.

"At ease," he says, "what might you be doing out here? You look awful."

"I feel awful. Thanks a lot," I reply under my breath.

"I heard that. Come inside. That's an order."

* * *

"Where's Sunny?" I ask, still groggy from whatever I could've done last night.

"That's not important," the old general replies, "what is important is that she's told me about what's been eating at you."

"I-oh," was all that came out of my mouth. My head suddenly hangs low, "I'm sorry, but you do know I didn't just walk out on your daughter, right?"

"My daughter is not the hot issue. You are, boy," He nudged at me with his cane.

"General, listen: I know this situation is putting me in a bad shape. I know I'm not as cheery and motivated as I once was. It's just...I've known PJ longer than I have Sunny, you should know that."

"And I should because...?"

"I guess the people you be known longest come first in dire situations. Remember the whole deal with the Noodle Syndicate and how your first instinct was to come to my house and see if my dad could do anything?"

He starts chuckling. At something I said. He's never done that before.

"I suppose you do have a point." He pats me on my back l, which causes me to wince.

"Sorry. Forgot about that incident you had with Parappa Town's jailbirds."

I turn my focus towards him.

"How much did she tell you?"

"Only what I needed to know."

Awkward silence soon followed.

"Just promise me you won't let things like this go to your head so much that you don't think to take better care of yourself. Whoever my daughter chooses to spend her days with is just as important to me as she is."

He's smiling at me, something he almost never does.

I smile back at him.

"Thanks."

"And before you ask me again, Sunny's still asleep upstairs. Should I wake her up and tell her you're back?"

"No, I'll do it."

I don't know if he knew that what a lie, but I just wanted to curl up in bed with her.