Lai Guanlin

It was only period 5-6 and I was already really tired. School has gotten too much in my head. I then finally heard the bell ring. I got up and left as quickly as I could and head to my locker. I then saw my old best friend, Astrid who was a foreigner, walking by in the hallways. 

She was laughing and smiling with her other popular friends. She got popular by her looks like her blonde hair and blue eyes and pretty much abandoned me. She doesn't acknowledge me anymore but I had no problem with it. It was rough at first but then I got use to it. 

I walked into the cafeteria and go out the back door with my lunch. Since Astrid had left me, I'd be eating in the back since I had no better place to sit. I sat with my back leaning against a tree and ate my lunch while I went on my phone. 

I then saw a group of delinquents looking at me and whispering to each other. I then finished my lunch and quickly started to walk. They then also started to walk to me. The first delinquent that reached me pushed me by the shoulder and had be falling to the ground. 

"Hey girl! What are you doing out here?" he spat out, looking down at me. I glared and tried to get back up but they then started to push and shove me over and over again. They would have continued, but someone had came to save me.

"Hey, stop! What do you think you're doing?" I heard a voice say. It was a deep voice with a bit of an accent. I looked out and saw it was Lai Guanlin. I only knew him because Astrid has a crush on him.

He then ripped the delinquents off and fought then away. He looked back at me and smiled as he extended his hand for me to grab. I blushed a bit but still took his hand.

"A-Are you okay? I hope those guys didn't hurt you," he asked with concern and worry coating his voice. I brushed my self off and smiled at him.

"I'm alright, thanks. I'm (Y/N)," I answered. I then studied his features. I kinda know and understand why Astrid would like him. I blush a bit at the thought.

"Good, I'm Guanlin. I-I'm from Taiwan, so I'm not the best at speaking," he said scratching the back of his neck. I giggle at him and smile brightly.

"So, what were you doing out here anyways (Y/N)?"

"Oh, I eat lunch out here. I use to eat with my old best friend, but she kinda ditched me for being popular. It's nice out here, peaceful."

"I agree with you. It is really nice out here except when those guys are out here."

"Heh, yeah. Say, what class do you have next after lunch?"

"I have s-science."

"Nice, me too!"

"You wanna w-walk together?"

"Sure!"

Guanlin and I walked and talked as we went to class. I found out we had many things in common. Suddenly, Astrid comes running to me with a worried face. I scoffed as she came and I think Guanlin noticed since he looked at me.

"Oh my God. (Y/N), where were you? I was so worried! You weren't in the cafeteria at lunch and I saw the delinquents," Astrid said with a fake worried tone. I kinda glared at her and she pretended not to noticed and looked at Guanlin.

"Oh, hi! I'm Astrid, you must be Guanlin. I'm (Y/N)'s best friend, if you didn't notice. We should hang out sometime," she continued as she looked at Guanlin. I was kinda scared for him because I don't think he expected it.

"Astrid, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I-."

"No, get away from me. You ditched me already for being popular so you might as well stay away from me forever. You got your wish, so just go! You have friends to be with! You have people waiting for you. Why do you come back? To mock me? Because I now have nobody? Well, no need. Because I already know! I'm tired of you. If you're not leaving, then I will!" I yelled. I then stormed off outside. 

I didn't look back. I ran and went outside to the from yard and sat under a tree. Tears sprouted out of my eyes and I didn't know why, but I did. I had no friends after or before Astrid. If only I was like Astrid, so I wasn't alone all the time. I wiped my tears vigorously, but they kept coming.

"You're not alone," I heard as I felt strong arms wrap around me. It caught me off guard but I recognizes it as Guanlin. I turned to him and cried into his chest. He held me and it felt nice. I wanted it to last forever. It felt like I belonged there.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"I like you. I have for a while. I know we just met but will you be my girlfriend?"

"I like you too, of course I will."

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you too Guanlin."