Kirk

"Y/N! NOOO!"

You turn to Kirk when he said your name just as John Harrison's tiny air vessel aims and fires multiple times, hitting you and many others squarely in the chest. You fall back as you scream out, landing flat on your back. You gasp as pain surged through your entire body. You know you've been hit. You know you can't be saved. Chairs, parts of wood, metal, and bodies go flying around you as time slowed. The lights of Star Fleet HQ shimmer before being shot at and everything in the room goes dark. You pry your eyes to stay open, refusing to die so quickly.

"Y/N!"

You look up at Kirk's voice. He's running towards you, abandoning the gun he had just recently confiscated. He slides to the ground and has lifted you up from your under arms, dragging you from harm's way. He sets you down gently against a huge piece of debris and kneels next to you, his big blue eyes full of panic, pain, and worry. His dirty blonde hair has been messed up and was full of dirt and his forehead had a speck of blood. Other than that, he was still the handsome man you met only three years ago.

"Y/N...hang on I'm going to get you some help," he mutters before turning.

Before he could leave, you grip the sleeve of his uniform.

"No-! Jim..." You curse under your breath as a wave of pain came coursing through again. "Don't leave me..." Your voice cracked as you begged him to stay with you.

He stares at you for a few moments, his shoulders rising up and down as he breathed rapidly. He looked panicked, like he was searching for other options, but he couldn't find any. He looked around at the horrible scene surrounding him before looking back to you, slowly nodding as he swallowed something hard in his throat.

"Alright...I'll stay."

He kneeled back down to you and began to stroke your hair, his hands shaking against your forehead as he repeated this movement. You could tell he was holding back the tears that were forcing through his broken heart and to his eyes, his blue orbs glossing over as they grew pink and puffy. His free hand was holding you fragile fingers firmly. He squeezed your hand to let you know he was there and that he wasn't going anywhere. And you took the opportunity to see how badly you were injured.

Blood poured out straight from your faint heart and staining to your first officer uniform, your chest rises heavily up and down, trying to get as much air as possible. The screams and the sound of gunfire sounded quietly off in the background as you looked back up and got lost in his eyes. You brush your thumb over his firm hand in comfort as you gave him a small smile.

"I'm sorry, Jim," you croak.

"Don't you dare say that," he gulped quietly, "You're gonna be alright. You're going to be...you're going to be fine."

"Jim..." you whisper, breaking your hand from his and reached up to touch his cheek, your fingertips brushing over his small sideburns, "Do you remember the Academy? It's been so long I barely remember..."

Kirk's smile wavered slightly as his bottom lip trembled, but it stood strong. He couldn't let you be in this alone and he wanted to be strong for you. "Yeah..." he whispered, his voice cracked, but he only coughed to cover it up, "I remember...your hair was shorter than."

You try to giggle, but a painful yet slightly amused scoff escaped your lips as you smile up at Jim, "That was a stupid haircut."

You could feel the blood rise up from your mouth and peeked out to dribble down your chin, but Jim's thumb wiped it away for you. His smile finally broke, a sad frown replacing it.

"Don't die, Y/N. Please..." He tried to speak again, but tears suddenly erupted from his eyes, "I can't...I can't live without you."

Your hand absently brushes a tear away from his face as your hand travels down to where your hand finds his heart beat, beating rapidly against the fabric of his uniform. One single tear of your own slips down your cheek when you noticed how broken he looked. Just moments ago, he lost his friend and former captain, Christopher Pike. No telling how he's feeling right now as he slowly loses you, too.

"Jim...Jimmy..."

He smiles as another sob escapes his lips, his eyes going puffy red in heartbreak. Your name for him that only you call him. And it may be the last time he hears it.

You gulp on your own blood, your body suddenly feeling cold as your muscles no longer have the strength to let you stroke Kirk's cheek. You look in the distance, beside Kirk's head, and you see this white light. This wonderful...beautiful white light with a warm embrace as it guided you towards it, beckoning you home. You glance back at him, the wonderful man you have grown to love but you only told him that once in the years you've known him. Your face was full of panic, fear, pain, and love, making Kirk feel even worse.

You choke on your blood and tears, "J-Jimmy..."

And you trail off. The last of your breath has left your lungs as your heart suddenly stops. You eyes drift off towards the light and everything turns black.

You eyes remained open. Those beautiful...always confident eyes that Kirk cherished so much. Once your hand's warmth had left Kirk's cheek and fell to your side, he knew you were gone. He sat almost in shock at your lifeless body for a moment, hoping this was just a dream. When he finally realized you were actually gone, the tears began to pour down again as his shoulders trembled violently. He looked to the ground and clutched his skull, attempting to crush it to block out this nightmare. He was experiencing a rush of emotions.

Anger...Hatred...Sadness...Love...

Love...

The word repeated in his mind and he let out another sob. He pressed his forehead against yours, both his hands either gripping your shoulder or the side of your neck. Tears from his eyes fell onto your face before he pulled you into his lap with one swift motion, cradling what was left of you in his strong arms, his cries echoed the loud room. His hand fell over your eyes and closed them for you, so you could finally be at peace.

His sobs subsided, his tears still falling as his slowly crashed his lips into yours. His heart shattered into millions of pieces when your cold lips didn't respond to his kiss. His lips wandered over yours for a long moment before he broke the loving connection and he cried into your motionless shoulder.

"Y/N...don't leave me...I love you, alright? Is that what you wanted to hear? I love you, okay? Just please don't leave me..."