Scotty

((This WILL be a short one I can already tell. But it's just a thought that popped into my brain while watching the movie))

"Scotty, are you sure your alright?"

Your voice was thick with worry. You heard the rumors that Scotty quit his position as Chief in Engineering. You worked on the Bridge so you couldn't say goodbye when he left almost instantly. You called him during lunch break as your ventured the corridors.

"Yea' sure lass. I'm fine."

His voice on the other end was sounding slurry and you knew instantly he was drunk. You smile.

"You better leave some of that Scotch for me." you joked.

"Bloody hell Y/N your good!"

You laugh at his surprised outburst and your smile slowly turns sour once again. You pressed your phone closer to your ear.

"I miss you." you whispered half-heartingly.

"I know lass. And don't worry! You'll be home wit' me before ya know it."

"I'm just startled that you quit just like that!" You said wearily. "I mean, the Enterprise is like your baby!"

"Your my baby, lass."

"Don't you get cute with me!" You snap playfully and you sigh when you heard him chuckle on the other end of your phone. You missed that chuckle, more than you'll ever know. "Okay, well break will be over soon and then I'll have to get back to engineering-!"

"Hold da phone!" Scotty snapped on the other end. "Why do you need to be at engineering?"

"The warp core over heated, Scotty. We're stuck on the edge of KlingOn space. They need everyone they can get to fix it right away."

"Are you crazy?! KlingOn space?!"

"Scotty, you yell into that phone ONE more time and I'll kick your arse the SECOND I get home. Your bursting my ear drum." You snap again.

"Alright alright, lass. Just...be careful alright?"

"I will. I promise. Don't get too drunk, alright?"

"I got Keenser here wit' me. He'll make sure I don't."

"Alright. Bye Scotty."

"Bye lass! I love you, Y/N."

"I love you, too."

Then you hung up.