Chekov

You were having a tiny lunch break at the Academy. You sit down at a lonely table, with tray in hand as you set down your book to eat your stale piece of bread.

"You vread Zherlock Holmez?"

You look up to see a Russian boy in a yellow Star Fleet shirt with a tiny mop of curly hair on his head. He had big eyes and the cutest accent. He had a tray in hand and he was smiling down at you. You smile back.

"Yup!" You answer, popping the 'p'.

"Mind if I zit down wit you?"

"Be my guest," you giggle slightly.

He sits across from you and he holds out a hand to you, "My name iz Pavel Chekov."

You take out your hand and shake it. "I'm Y/F/N."

"I zee you're a Lieutenant." Pavel smiled and pointed to your red Star Fleet shirt.

"Yeah! I've actually been assigned to a spaceship already for engineering."

"Veally? vWhat ship?"

"The USS Enterprise."

"Me too!" Pavel's smile grew wider.

Your smile grew too, "Sweet! At least I'll know one familiar face there."

"I cen introduze you to my friend, Zulu. He'z cool."

"Alright. Nothing wrong with two familiar faces," you winked.

Lunch was ending and everyone was heading towards their posts and Pavel wanted to be the gentlemen and put your tray away for you. You stand once he leaves and grab your book, being polite and waiting for him. When he came back, he smiled.

"Zo! I'll zee very zoon, Y/N."

"See you soon, Pavel."

He chuckles slightly as he takes a moment.

"What?" You asked, slightly confused.

"Nothing! It'z juzt...your de firzt perzon to call me dat. People call me Chekov."

You smile, "Well, it's nice to be the first. See ya, Pavel."

And with another firm handshake, you two part your separate ways. It wasn't the last you see your best friend let's just say that;)

(Sorry this was short!)