Spock

You looked up when your pointy ears detected the sound of footsteps entering the crumbling temple of the Vulcans.

There he was, with his stunner in hand and his tight blue shirt wrapping around his chest, his black bangs whipping around wildly. His once pale, flawless face was dirty along with his dark pants and shoes. Your childhood friend, finally returns home at your hour of need after three years away at the Starfleet Academy.

"Spock." His mother gasped as she stood up fast right next to you.

"The planet has only seconds left, we must evacuate!" Spock said as he touched your back for a second to lead you away.

"Mother, now." He offered his hand out to his mother and she took his hand. Spock nods to you and leads you, his parents, and the rest of the elder Vulcan council out of the area and through the tunnels to get outside.

Statues upon boulders fell repeatedly on top of Vulcan members, losing their lives trying to escape. Dirt blinded your vision as you ran on ahead of the others. You had to see. You had to see for yourself how far away your home planet was from being nothing but dust. Tears ran down your face as memories of this place of holy worship was slowly tearing apart at its roots. You remember always coming here as a child, since both your parents were members of the council. That is how you met Spock. Both his father and your parents were elders of the Vulcan temple. You remembered spending time with Spock in these tunnels. You would always find ways to get each other to smile, even as children Vulcans may have little to no emotion at all.

You came across a tight opening between two wobblings walls of rock and a wave of panic rushed through you.

"Y/N!"

You glance to Spock yelling out to you, extending a hand towards you as he broke away from his mother, running to you. Before you realized it a statue came crumbling down above your head.

Before you knew it, you were pushed out of the way and tumbled to the ground, blacking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up learning that Spock's mother died and that Vulcan was destroyed. Your home. Your ENTIRE planet, was gone. You got off the med bay bed you laid in and wandered the ship, looking around in wonder. The ship was magnificent! You could not imagine why you didn't want to sign up to the Star Fleet Academy like Spock did. I guess you were more of the traditional Vulcan who would rather go to the regular requested Academy for Vulcans. But then again, you were the youngest of the Vulcan Council, since the rest were elders. You walked swiftly and gracefully down the hallway, all eyes turned to watch you walk by. You were a Vulcan after all, and I guess no one aboard the ship has never seen one before. Maybe they had just never seen someone to walk so elegant. You took your time enjoying the scenery, until you spotted him walking down the hall.

Spock looked tired, almost weary. He slouched, not bothering to show off his Vulcan grace. He was walking away from you, his shoulders slumped as he walked away. You frowned sadly and followed him into the Beam Room, where they beam passengers to and from the ship. Was he planning on leaving? You walked into the room to see him hovering over the spot his mother was suppose to be, hadn't she fallen to her death.

"Spock?"

He didn't answer you, his hands behind his back as he stared down at the platform. You walk up and gently touch his shoulder.

"I apologize of your mother's passing. If there's anything I could do for you, old friend, let me know."

You begin to walk away, before he gently grabbed your arm.

"I am just glad you did not share my mother's fate."

You turn to him, and your cheeks and pointed ears flush a green color. You were pulled EXTREMELY close to him, which he didn't take to notice. He just stared at you. You. The only Vulcan who would never judge him when you were children. You never judged him. It's not his fault that he was born from a human. And you never thought it was wrong. You always thought it seemed...logical. To fall in love with whoever you want. Heck, in your opinion, you could fall in love with a TRIBBLE and you shouldn't be judged. Because you should be able to love whoever you want, and not be taken as a monster. And you knew deep down, Spock had the same belief, even though he was raised to not show emotion. Even though half of him (the human half) couldn't help it. You smiled, reaching up to touch his cheek and wiping a tear away. Spock didn't even know he was crying! Spock sighed in deeply, controlling his emotion to feel sad.

You lean towards him. "Thank you for saving me, Spock."

"You are safe. That is all that matters..." He hesitated before he smiled. "To me."