Spock

You tossed and turned in bed in frustration, tears threatening to come running down your face. You tried getting comfortable, by throwing your leg off the side of the bed, you tried sleeping without the bedsheets, you even fluffed your pillow the filth time that night. You felt sweaty and frustrated in your white nightgown and you look at the clock to see it was three o'clock in the morning. Your hormones kicked in and you began to cry silently, realizing there wasn't a point in sleeping now. You clutched your now soaked with tears pillow between your fingers as your stomach gave you another uncomfortable kick.

"T'hy'la?"

You turn to see the emotionless face of the Vulcan you called your husband of two years laying down next to you, looking slightly confused. Spock tries to show you more emotion than he chooses to feel, for your sake. He reaches over and brushes your tears away with his thumb.

"What is wrong?"

You let out another quiet sob before taking a deep breath. "The baby won't let me go to sleep."

You were unaware of one of your hands slightly clutching your stomach. You were 6 months into pregnancy, and you fucking hated it. Sure, there were some moments that you were glad to be carrying a child, but the rest of it was like living through hell, and your not sure if it's the hormones talking or not, Bones never really told you that part during your ultrasound last week.

You start crying again because screw it, you felt like having a meltdown right now, like it was the end of the world.

The half human part of Spock was showing as a tiny wave of worry shadowed over his face. He scooted closer to you, rested his upper arm underneath your head like a pillow, with his body pressed close to yours. His other hand went to your abdomen as he placed his hand right over the place where the uncomfortable kicks kept coming from. The kicks almost instantly stop and you sighed. His fingertips only touched your stomach, and he smiled a little.

"I can feel the child's hand against mine."

You look at Spock wide eyed, as he locked his gaze with yours. You blushed fiercely, heat rising all the way to your ears as you slowly smiled. Your baby's first Vulcan kiss with his/her father.

You let out another sigh and got comfortable, snuggling your face in the crook of where Spock's neck and shoulder met, your nose brushing his skin. Your body was pressed close to his chest, his hand resting on your stomach still.

"You have to go in tomorrow?" you asked in a small whisper. Even though you meant today since it was now three thirty in the morning Spock knew what you meant.

"Negative. The Enterprise is under a few repairs for the rest of the week."

You sigh again, glad you'll be able to sleep in since your husband wasn't going anywhere. I guess you'll get a little bit of sleep after all.

"Thank you, Spock." You whispered, your lips kissing his neck when you spoke. Your hand goes to your stomach, meeting Spock's hand and your fingers entwining in a Vulcan kiss.

"You are welcome, Y/N." He kisses the top of your head as he snuggles you close. "Now I suggest you go back to sleep. You must be very tired."

"Spock your off of your First Officer duties for awhile you don't need to suggest anything." You giggled. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

You and your Vulcan's child gave you one last gentle kick in 'goodnight' and you both felt it with your hands as you drift off in a lovely sleep.