Khan

You woke up in the hospital with Bones and Kirk there.

"Captain?" you moan.

"Lieutenant Y/N." Kirk smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been kicked by a horse." You clutch your head in pain, realizing there's a bandage on your forehead.

Bones chuckled as he leaned over you to examine you. "You kinda were."

"Y/N..." Kirk stepped forward, his eyebrows furrowed with curiosity. "How much can you remember?"

You close your eyes for a second. "Well...I remember I was on the Enterprise. The ship was falling...then I remembered yellow streaks surrounding me and...wait, was I teleported?"

Bones and Kirk exchange glances. Kirk nods to Bones to continue and Bones looks back to you, sighing. "Yes. To that hell hole ship, Vengeance."

You give him a puzzled look before your eyes widen. "Khan."

Kirk nodded. "We found you in the Vengeance Bridge."

"You were unconscious." Bones added. "But you were strapped safe and secure to the Captain's Chair so the crash didn't kill you."

Your eyebrows furrowed. "Khan must have put me there. He saved me!"

"No." Captain shook his head. "You must've strapped YOURSELF in and you just don't remember it 'cause of your head. Khan would NEVER save someone's life like that. He doesn't care, Y/N."

"Right." you say with a sarcastic smile as you emotionally face palm yourself. "Stupid me."

Bones smirked. "Alright, now get some rest. Doctor's orders."

"See you soon, Lieutenant." Kirk nodded in your direction as he and Bones filed out of the room.

Once they were gone, you stared up at the ceiling. You may have hit your head on the way down, but you knew ONE THING.

You didn't strap yourself into the Captain's Chair. You would've remembered THAT at least. One thing came to your mind...

Khan saved your life.

Why?