Bones

You walked into Med Bay and helped an injured patient onto a slab. It was a female Esign with a possible broken arm. You scanned her quickly and told her to hold her arm lightly and steady while you find her a sling. You went into the other room where they kept the medical equipment in a storage closet. It was a small closest, and no one really ever goes in there. You scan the area and pop your head into the room next door.

"Bones! Where are the bandages?!"

You hear someone grumbling and cursing and before you know it, your boss with the southern look comes in growling at you.

"Can't you find it by yourself?"

You grinned. You LOVED pissing him off. "Its buried underneath all this crap so I needed someone strong to help me."

"Well, at least your being honest." Bones raised an amused eyebrow as he helped you lift a box, both of you grunting at how heavy it was. You guys, as a team, lift the box and set it somewhere else to resume your digging.

"You said you needed a sling?" Bones asked.

You nodded, making him groan. "What?"

Bones points to the VERY bottom of all the equipment and you followed his gaze. Of course, the box you needed was wedged under all this junk, making you moan, slightly irritated.

"Alright." You growl. "When this is over, we gotta get someone in here to clean this mess out."

"Damn right." Bones muttered.

You guys got to work at cleaning out almost EVERYTHING just to get to that little box. You pull out an old fashion syringe and laugh, taunting Bones with the needle, which made him turn pale like Spock at the sight of it. You set it down and continue your search. Soon enough, Bones is also laughing and you turn to see what old junk he found. Much to your dislike, he found tampons and pads. You frown and cross you arms.

"Haha your hilarious." You grumbled.

"Ah, don't get your nurse cap in a bundle."

You growl playfully as you smirk. "Good thing those aren't used ones, right?"

At this, Bones immediately drops them and brushes his hand off in disgust, making you clutch your stomach as you laugh.

You guys continue through the gear and you see something in the corner of your eye. Something shiny.

You reach and pick it up. Your eyes widen as you realize that it's a golden wedding ring for a man! It's gold band was large and wide, too big for any woman so you assumed it was for a man.

"Hey, check this out."

Bones turns and when he saw what was in your hand, his smirk turned into a dark frown. "Put it back." he growled.

"But this could belong to a crew member. We should at least put it in the lost and found-!"

"Y/N, put it BACK." he growled even louder from deep within his chest.

You stare at him, wide eyed. You never heard his voice like that before and when you noticed he was clutching his fists you got scared. He looked like he was out for blood and you wish that you couldn't see him like this. As you stare at his left fist that you thought could hit you at any moment, you found something odd.

His fingers were large and wide, the perfect fit. But that wasn't it...his ring finger had a small part of pale skin against the rest of his tan body. It was the pale skin line you would get if you wore a ring too long...

A ring...

You looked down at the ring in your hand with wide eyes and back up at the angered Bones.

"This is yours?" Your scared voice betrayed you as your question came out in a hushed croak.

Bones eyes softened when your wide eyes watered a little, his fists clench with a huge sigh of frustration. He holds out his hand and you place the ring in his palm. He draws it back to his face and looks down at the ring, explaining everything without looking at you.

"I was married once. But my wife cheated on me while I was at the Academy and she left. I was on the Enterprise at the time and I threw my ring in here to make sure I never saw it again."

You nodded, even though Bones couldn't see it since he was looking down at the ring in sadness now, not anger.

"Sorry..." you whispered.

He didn't respond as he put the ring in his pocket and continued to dig out the sling you needed from earlier. You decided to help him out. The rest of the time in the storage closest you two were quiet, not making a sound to each other. It was an awkward, sad silence. And when you turned to look at him, Bones would turn the other way, not making eye contact.

About a half an hour later, you guys reach the box you needed and Bones scooped it up in his strong arms. He turns around and hands it to you, his eyes look sad but he wouldn't meet your gaze. As you try to grab hold of the huge, heavy box, you lose you balance and fall, tripping over Bones' feet as you did. He falls too and you both yell out in surprise. The heavy box lands just above your head and you glad it didn't squish you. You look up and blush a dark shade of red.

Bones fell on top of you.

His hands were on either side of your head as he tried not to crush you. He was blushing as well as he looked down at you, finally meeting your eyes.

"S-Sorry, darling." He stuttered while apologizing. "I didn't mean-!"

"Just shut up and kiss me."

He looked down at you with wide eyes, his shocked expression making you giggle. You knew he didn't really know how to flirt. And you know for sure that he wasn't into relationships much. But you can tell by his eyes slightly twitched that he didn't mind this position much.

He suddenly smirked and leaned down, crashing his lips into yours. You both close your eyes as you lean in closer to each other, you grabbed his shirt collar as you kissed.

"Ummm...are we interrupting something here?"

You both snap out of it and look up, you both started laughing as you realized it was Uhura and Carol Marcus staring down at you two with wide eyes.

Uhura smirked. "Well, Dr. Marcus. Looks like Y/N beat you to it!" Carol and you laugh.