Kirk

Why did Christopher Pike have to die? You'll never know.

You sat at the control panels of a small cargo ship the Enterprise captured weeks ago. You gripped your controls angrily, gritting your teeth. Spock was the only one who noticed.

You sat by Uhura and Spock, along with Kirk of course as the four of you go to fetch the criminal who killed Pike, John Harrison.

You hated James T. Kirk at the moment. He was acting blind. And you sided with Spock when you say, that a criminal needed to stand in front of trial after a crime committed to Star Fleet. Kirk obviously doesn't follow the rules and rather kill him for killing the only father figure he had.

Kirk was your boyfriend, but right now, with his attitude, you were testing your patience with him.

"-I estimate wether they are going to kill us is at 98.3%." Spock spoke while you were daydreaming, making you snap out of it.

"Fantastic." Kirk muttered sarcastically.

"Does this change our plans, captain?" you asked.

"Negative." He replied rudely when you suggested running away. "We attack head on."

"That doesn't sound like you." You muttered glumly.

"What was that Lt. Y/N?" He replied darkly.

"You heard me!" You finally snapped. "This isn't you at all and you know it!"

"Should we talk about this later?" He frowned.

"No because you wouldn't want to see me after this, you prick! Nothing you do is gonna make a difference, Kirk! Killing someone will only make you a monster, even if that person you kill is a criminal!"

"People are DEAD, Y/N!"

"Yeah, and?!" You yell. "Killing someone else won't change a damn thing!

"It's what Pike would've wanted!"

The tiny ship grows quiet as you stand down. You look over to see the anger, sadness, and guilt flooding through your captain's blue eyes, and your face and heart softens. You gulp back and turned sweet all of a sudden, as your next words come out in a quiet whisper.

"Revenge isn't gonna get him back, Jim."

Kirk sighs, realizing he's been caught. He turns away and lets a tear fall while you continued.

"And no. Pike wouldn't want this." You smile sweetly as you remembered Pike's old habits, his wrinkly face as he smiled, and the way he treated Kirk like a son, and YOU like a daughter. And now he's gone. But you knew him well enough that Pike wouldn't take revenge, Kirk was just too blind to see it. "He was a Father. He was a Friend. But he was also a Captain. He took responsibility and took action when needed, not when he wanted. He wouldn't want to see you, the son of a noble, loyal man, take action like this. He'd want you to give your head a shake and keep going on without him. You may have your heart set on killing the man who killed him. But Jim...Nothing you do is gonna bring him back."

Kirk sighs and leans his head back in his seat, staring off into space, like there was an answer out there.

He knew you were right, he just wouldn't admit it.