Kirk

The ship was falling through the sky and everyone was ordered to evacuate. The USS Enterprise was no more...and it was witnessing its last moments of dutiful years it has lived.

You were one of the first to have to evacuate. Of course, its only protocol since you were almost nine months pregnant. You wouldn't mind that fact except...for the fact that the Captain of the ship was your husband and his duty was to be THE LAST person off the ship. And another problem!

You were in labor.

"Jim," you whimper through your communicator, "Where are you?"

"Hold on sweetie I'm coming. I'll be there in five minutes I promise just hold on!" He comforted you through his line of communication.

"Jim..." You gasp as you grasp your rounded stomach in pain, a fresh bead of sweat running down your forehead and wetting your hair. "Its coming...The baby's coming."

"Deep breaths honey just like we practiced, remember? I'll be there soon I promise."

You can hear the hint of excitement in his voice. And you don't blame him: its his first child! You try to laugh.

"Please hurry."

"Everything's going to be alright, Y/N I promise. Soon we'll be a family just give me a few minutes to clear everyone off the ship."

You felt a happy tear fall down your cheek when he mentioned 'family'. Soon the two of you will be three. About nine months ago, you were the happiest couple alive to know you were pregnant, and you were the happiest woman alive to know that Captain James T. Kirk was willing to settle down with you and start a family. You both were expecting a girl, and had decided to name her after Jim's mother, Winona. Winnie for short.

The medics wheeling you through the ship have made it to an escape pod and help you stand, making you yell in pain at the force of gravity pushing your child further down through your body. You lay down and try to breathe, feeling the pain only increasing and you knew you were close. This baby was coming now.

"Jim! Jimmy!" You grip the communicator tightly in your hand for support, "Where are you, we're in the escape pod?"

"*sigh* Y/N...I'm sorry. I...I'm not going to make it."

"W-What?" You whisper breathlessly, "No! No Jim No!"

"The ships going down too fast...you go on without me."

"Jim, you promised me that you wouldn't end up like your father! You promised!" You could feel tears of excruciating pain and sadness burst through your eyes and down your face.

"I'm sorry, baby."

"Listen here, James Tiberius Kirk." You snap aggressively, "I am about to give birth to YOUR child so I am NOT having this baby without you. Now, you get your ass over here RIGHT NOW or I'll never forgive you!"