Mother (Part Three)

Vera held her breath as her husband ushered her to his patrol car, his hand wrapped so tightly around her arm that her fingers were becoming numb. She had been so close to finally getting away from him after all these years, but she'd made the mistake of telling him that she was going after their son, instead of keeping her plan to herself.   Now she would to have to feel his wrath, and she knew she was in for the beating of a lifetime.

The thought sent her into a panic, and she tried to pull her arm away from him.  "Please, let me go!"  She screamed, wincing as she felt her shoulder cracking from the resistance.

Victor ignored her pleas and continued to drag her towards the car, a dark smile painting his face as he thought about the punishment he had in store for his rebellious wife.

"For God's sake, Victor!"  Vera wailed, digging her heels into the pavement. "You can't force me to stay with you! This isn't right!"

Victor tightened his grip around her arm and stopped walking, reaching into his back pocket to pull out a pair of handcuffs.  Shaking his head, he secured them around her wrists like she was one of the criminals he had to deal with on a daily basis.  "You know I love it when you struggle for me, baby." He chuckled, "But I think you'd better save your energy for later."

The menacing words stunned Vera into silence, her urges to fight completely gone, and she was tossed inside of the passenger seat. Her eyes landed on the rear view mirror and she saw that her daughter was sitting in the back seat with a smile across her lips.

"Where did you think you were going?" Violet taunted, running her bony fingers through Vera's hair. "You know you can't leave us."

Vera averted her gaze away from her daughter, tears swelling in her eyes, as Victor climbed back into the car and switched on the engine.

"I'll have someone pick up your car in the morning." He muttered, "You're not going to be able to move when I get done with you."

"What are you gonna do, Daddy?" Violet asked, lacing her fingers together with anticipation.

Victor chuckled and looked at her through the rear view mirror. "I would tell you, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for Mommy."

"Okay, Daddy."  Violet said, satisfied with his answer.  She yawned and leaned back in her seat, and within minutes she was fast asleep.

Vera stared out of her window in dread filled silence until they returned home. Her heart was pounding so hard that she was certain she would pass out, and when Victor noticed how pale her face had become he chuckled, but he said not a word as he climbed out of the car.

He scooped his daughter from the back seat and carried her into the house before returning for his wife. His dark eyes locked onto hers as he pulled her out of the car. "Violet is sleeping soundly in her room, and I do not want her to wake up. Make a sound and you'll be sorry."

Vera wanted to scream at the top of her lungs, beg him to have mercy, but she simply nodded her head and allowed him to pull her into the house. The fight that had conjured up inside of her was gone, replaced with the fear that has made her stay with him all of these years.

Victor took her into the living room and sat her down on the couch, smiling as he removed his belt from his pants. "You really shouldn't have pulled that little stunt earlier, darlin'."

He wrapped the ends of the belt around his hands and snapped it dramatically, a sinister smile spreading across his lips as he watched Vera squirm in her seat.  "How do you think I should punish you for such bad behavior?"

Vera remained silent, her eyes falling on her feet so she wouldn't have to look at him.

"Okay, since you're too stupid to answer that question I'll ask another.  Do you know what makes a perfect wife, Vera?" 

She still didn't respond.

The smile on his lips grew and he walked behind the couch, raising his belt above her head.  "Submission."

And before she had a chance to react, the belt was wrapped around her neck.  Victor pulled her head back and laughed wildly as her face began turning a dark shade of red.  "You are nothing more than a pathetic whore."  He said, tightening the belt even more.  "Your purpose in life is to please me, and if you can't do that you may as well be dead."

Vera's eyes slowly rolled into the back of her head, her body becoming as limp as a strand of cooked angel hair spaghetti.  She thought she was going to pass out, but Victor released her before she lost consciousness.

"Don't you dare faint on me."  He said, tossing the belt aside.  "I want you to be fully aware of what I'm doing to you."

The next few seconds were a blur to Vera as she tried to recover from the lack of oxygen, but she could feel her body being yanked off of the couch and bent over the back of it. 

Victor examined her hungrily before ripping her dress off.  "It would be too easy for me to simply beat you."  He said, unbuttoning his blue jeans.  "I want you to be humiliated."

"No..." Vera whispered, cringing at the sound of his pants being unzipped.  "Please, don't.."

But her weak pleas were ignored.

Victor forced himself inside of her and pushed her head into the top of the couch cushion to muffle her cries.  "You think you can leave me, bitch?"  He growled, thrusting harder and harder to make it hurt.  "You'll never be able to get away, Vera.  You belong to me."

Vera screamed into the cushion, which only excited him more, and she would have fallen to the floor if he wasn't forcing her to stand.

The punishment went on for several minutes, then Victor released himself inside of her.  He wiped the sweat from his brow and pulled out of her, smiling when he saw the blood that was flowing down between her trembling thighs. 

"Was it good for you too, baby?"  He taunted, pulling her by her hair to make her look at him.

Vera answered with a pained groan. 

"Tell me it was good.  I wanna hear you say it."

Another pained groan.

Victor back handed her so hard she fell down to the floor. "You had better get over this little rebellious phase of yours, because until you do this is going to happen every single night."

He jerked her off of the floor and planted a rough kiss on her lips before unfastening her handcuffs. "Go clean yourself up. I'm tired of looking at all the damn blood."

Vera hobbled to the bathroom and drew herself a warm bath.  She climbed inside, weeping as she wrapped her arms around her legs and buried her head between them.  Her body was shaking and the clear water turned crimson. 

This is going to happen every single night....

You belong to me....

His words haunted her mind like an evil spirit, and she found herself thinking about how badly she wanted to be free of him. 

She knew there was no place for her to go, but she could no longer stand the thought of being stuck with him.  There was only one way for her to escape her loveless marriage once and for all, and she was willing to do it.

She climbed out of the bathtub and wrapped a purple towel around herself.  Victor was lying in bed watching television, no longer interested in what she was doing, so she walked past him and went into their closet.  She grabbed a small green box that was stashed on top of the closet and pulled out the gun that was hidden inside.

"God, forgive me." She whispered.

Then, she pressed the gun against her head and pulled the trigger.

****

AN:  This was so painful to write :(