Out

Victor could hardly see in front of him as blood oozed into his eyes from the open wound on his forehead.  The drunk woman he had pinned to the hood of his police car had broken a beer bottle over his head and the pain that it yielded was nothing compared to the rage that boiled inside of him.

"Let me go!" The woman growled as her arms were violently pulled behind her. "You're hurting me!"

"You shouldn't have resisted." Victor said calmly as he slapped a pair handcuffs around her wrists. 

His partner drove up a few minutes later and helped him load the fighting woman into the back of the patrol car.   "You okay, Victor?  That cut looks bad."

Victor nodded and pulled a handkerchief from his pocket, wiping the blood from his face. "You know I've had worse wounds than this, Tony."

"You should still have it checked out. It looks like you might need a few stitches."

"I'll be fine.  I just need to-"

His thought was cut short when the woman began trying to kick his car window with her tacky green high heels.  His lips curled into a smile as he pulled the pepper spray from his holster, spraying it into her eyes as soon as he flung open the door.  "I told you to stop resisting, you dumb bitch."

Tony threw his head back and laughed as he watched the woman screaming and writhing in pain.  "You know the cow is going to cry police brutality now."

Victor closed the door and chuckled, "Probably, but no one will believe her.  She's a useless drunk."

He drove the woman down to the police station and processed her for a night in jail, and after taking her prints his captain insisted that he went to have the cut on his head checked out by a doctor.

He went to the emergency room and buried his nose behind an old magazine as he waited to be called back into a room.  Twenty minutes passed before he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Victor?" A familiar voice said from behind him. "Is that really you?"

Victor looked up and his eyes widened when he saw the beautiful woman standing there. She wore a pair of purple scrubs and had a clipboard in her hands. "I don't believe my eyes." He said, "I never thought I would see you again, Molly."

****

Vincent:

The football stadium was filled with cheers as our team scored the winning touchdown of the final playoff game.  The marching band played 'We are the champions', while the dance team waved their flags across the field.  I couldn't care less about the game myself, but I had to admit it was kind of fun being able to celebrate our team's victory.

Most of the other band kids planned to attend a party after the game, but Katherine and I decided to hang around the field until everyone was gone. 

Once the stadium lights were shut off, the stars shone brilliantly in the black sky.  My heart fluttered in my chest even more when Katherine laid her head on my shoulder.  "I wish the football season wasn't over just yet."  She sighed, "I really enjoy spending time out here with you.  It's so peaceful."

I leaned my head in closer to hers and took a small sniff of her golden hair.  It smelled like strawberries and vanilla.  "We can still come out here."  I said, bravely wrapping my arm around her waist.  "This can be our secret place."