Tension

Victor Graves shoveled another bite of roast into his mouth, his eyes glued on his son as he was talking with his sweet friend. 

The evening was going exactly like he'd planned.

There was a lot of laughter shared among everyone and it seemed like Vincent was much more relaxed than he had been in the last couple of weeks. 

Perhaps he would finally get a full night of sleep, a full night of not having to tend to his son's post traumatic stress. After all, he was getting rather tired of having to wake up at all hours of the night to beat his son black and blue. He knew he had to do something before he killed the boy, and it seemed like the first phase of his plan was truly working.

"Thank you very much for having us over."  Molly said, pushing her plate away.  "I can't remember the last time we ate a roast this delicious."

Victor smiled at her. "And I can't remember the last time we had such beautiful dinner guests."

Molly blushed and waved her hand at him.  "Oh, stop it.  You're being absolutely silly."

"Not at all." Victor insisted, setting his hand on top of hers.

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment, completely oblivious to the sickened gazes they were getting from their children. Victor eventually moved his hand away from hers and stood from his seat.

"I made chocolate cake for dessert." He announced proudly, "Why don't you kids head into the living room while I cut everyone a piece."

Molly laughed and put her hands on her stomach. "I don't think I could eat another bite, Victor."

"Nonsense!" Victor laughed, "We're just getting started."

He wrapped his hand around her arm and pulled her into the kitchen before she could protest any further.

"Oh my..." She said, her face growing hotter from his forceful touch. "You sure are being impulsive this evening."

"You have no idea." Victor said wickedly before shoving her against the wall, pinning her wrists above her head as he mashed his lips on to hers.

*****

Vincent:

Katherine gazed at me with uncertainty as her mom went into the kitchen with Victor. Ever since they arrived here for dinner, she had been staring at him like she was afraid of him.  Something inside of my gut told me that he had messed with her while I was not around, but I far too afraid to confront him.

I grabbed her hand underneath the table and gave it a small squeeze, hoping to comfort her. But it was impossible for her to relax while Violet was sitting across the table from us, staring at her with that same menacing grin on her face.

"Did you miss my baby brother while he was at the crazy house?" She asked, making my face burn like fire. Why did she always have to do this to me?

I started to protest her rudeness, but Katherine beat me to the punch.   "Yes," She answered, "But I'm sure the crazy house missed you even more since you're one of their craziest patients."

"You can't say that to me!" Violet growled, bolting from her seat and clenching her fists like she was ready for a fight.