Feelings

Vincent:

My alarm clock sounded the next morning and I could not have been more grateful. Violet spent the entire night kicking the crap out of me in her sleep, and there was one unfortunate moment when she woke up from a bad dream and decided to snuggle up against me.

I would have pushed her off, but she started crying and complaining about how much Dad hates her now that she has gotten older. She sounded pretty pathetic, so I sighed and allowed her to lay on my chest until she fell back asleep. I stared at my ceiling for the rest of the night, thinking about how much I wished my family was normal, and when the alarm went off I climbed out of bed and got dressed.

Violet was still sleeping like a rock. I shook my head and reached out to shake her awake, hesitating when I noticed that her nightgown was no longer covering her lacy pink panties. I looked away and placed my hand on her shoulder, giving her a light shove. "It's time to get ready for school." I said, "Wake up."

She stretched her arms and smiled at me before climbing out of bed. "Good morning."

"Morning."

She pushed past me and opened my closet door, looking through my clothes until she found my old Led Zeppelin t-shirt. "Can I wear this?" She asked, already pulling her nightgown off, revealing much more of her than I ever wanted to see.

"Violet!" I cried, shielding my eyes with my hand.

"Oh, relax." She said, "There's nothing wrong with seeing your sister's tits."

"You can wear my shirt. Just please put it on."

"You're so old fashioned." She laughed, putting on my shirt and playfully hitting my shoulder. "I know girls who let their brothers touch them for practice."

"Practice for what!?"

"Touching other girls, duh."

"That's fucking weird." I said before pushing her out of my room. I shook my head and climbed into the shower, hoping to wash away the awkward moment.

When I was finished, I got dressed and headed to the dining room to find Dad was cooking breakfast. He turned around and looked me up and down with an amused smirk on his face. "You look like you didn't get an ounce of sleep. Did your sister keep you up?"

"Yeah, but I'll catch a nap later."

"I'll have the lock on her door tonight. She won't have to sleep with you again."

"Thanks."

We sat there in silence until Violet finally came in and joined us for breakfast.  She shoveled a piece of bacon into her mouth and ran towards the front door when a car horn sounded off.  "Kyle is driving me to school.  I'll see you later, Daddy!"  She said, leaving before there were any objections.

Dad shook his head and set his fork down, running his fingers through his black hair with a weary sigh.

"Don't worry. I'm sure she'll be fine." I offered, shrugging my shoulders.

He grunted and buried his nose behind a newspaper for the remainder of breakfast. I took one more bite of my eggs before leaving the house. I arrived at school five minutes before the first bell rang, just long enough for me to make it to the cafeteria. My eyes scanned the crowd until I saw Katherine leaning against the back wall with a book in her hands.

I scurried over to her and leaned my hand beside her head. "What are you reading?" I asked, smiling when she looked up at me.

"Nothing interesting." She answered, closing her book. "Some romance book I bought yesterday."