Understanding

Oh hell, holy fucking hell, was he in for deep shit. He was sicker than a dog. His stomach hurt for a solid day after injecting the serum. He struggled just to make it to work and sit at his desk. When Linda asked how he was, he all but blew up at her. She hastily left, and canceled his meetings...telling him to stick to paperwork and stress balls. 

When his wife called he declined the call and almost sent his phone across the room. He groaned anytime he shifted, and his neck were lined with sweat the entirety of the day. 

When he got the paperwork on his desk for the assessts lost with the stolen serums he swore and slammed them into his desk draw. 

There was a light tap on his door, jumbling him from his thoughts on deep breathing and keeping his posture normal. Linda was checking in on him through the doorway very often, and he needed to keep his moans silent. 

"Who is it?" Venyamin did not have people knock on his door. Linda let them in. That was her job.

"Can I have word with you?" It was Marty, and he looked pissed. "I'm not pleased with the security updates..."

"Look, I don't have time."

Marty closed the door behind him."Venyamin, I know your knocked up. I know the signs of my drugs. I've suspected it since yesterday. I mean look at you now..." 

Venyamin raised his eyebrows, leaning back in his chair despite the agony of it. "Are you accusing me of..."

"I already know you are, so drop the act and talk to me." Marty furrowed his dark brows, his brown eyes next to black with anger. "Talk to me right now, because the shit you are in...I'm the only one who can help you."

"My wife can't have a baby." He blurted. "I've wanted kids for three years. There is no...was no hope for us, because she won't adopt." 

"So you just thought..."

"No, I didn't just think. Spare me the fucking speech. I know the consequences."

"We have the FBI looking into this! We lost that much money!"

Venyamin gaped, then swore. The file. He'd been in too much pain to bother reading it. "Marty, how do I fix this. It's why you are here."

"You've always appreciated my work, and kept me despite my displeasing attitude. I will help you cover your tracks if you meet my needs." 

"Tell me them." Venyamin was desperate as all the conclusions of what could happen came to mind. He'd probably be deported back to Russia, citizenship or not. He'd probably be seen as an insider. The hatred he'd experience.

"I'm going to follow the progression of you and the fetus. I've been wanting a human subject, but its a touchy subject."

"What do you mean follow me."

"As in weekly ultrasounds, stomach measurements, your status, everything."

"I have a life..."

"And your also pregnant but a CEO. The testing can be done here."

"I feel as though there is another catch."

"Yes. I need to document the birth."

Venyamin raised an eyebrow. "I think a hospital would work better..."

"I'll have a team helping you...at the hospital...but I don't want you on medications. I need to record all the data." 

Venyamin hardly considered it for another second, "Whatever...we have a deal." He groaned, despite himself as his stomach clenched. 

"Your pain is the start of the placenta forming. Congrats, your officially pregnant."

Venyamin glared at him with through lowered eyebrows as he held his stomach with both hands. Despite his agony he nearly smiled. He was having a baby. 

"Now," Marty snapped, "after work tomorrow you will come down to my lab. I want to see if I can get anything on the ultrasound to show up. Your pain is so intense because there are enhancers in the serum to make the  egg guaranteed to take. By the end of the week you will have a decent sized fetus. No stomach yet but expect it a week or so after."

"You mean its going to grow fast? How long are we talking?"

"Seven months, not nine."

Venyamin pinched the bridge of his nose. "My wife is the agent to come snooping."

"Your wife?"

"She's SWAT, but has extra training."

"When?"

"Threeish days. You fucking can't reveal anything. I'm having a dinner with her, and I'm going to tell her then."

Marty sighed heavily, "Venyamin, god-dammit. God-damn you."

"Marty, understand now how much I need you."

"I do. But if shit goes south leave me out of it."

"Fine by me..." He paused. "Is it really that obvious?"

"Was that obvious?" He snorted. "I could tell by your slouched posture for the past two days what fun nights you've had. You should have came to me first. What I think I'm going to do is find a way to clear things up. Tell them the subject has came to me and told me, and now I'm doing human testing's...if I can figure out a way without telling them it was you or without legally endangering my your standing..."

Venyamin nodded. "Thank you, Marty."

"Don't thank me yet."

Authors Note!

Sorry its a little short and choppy! :( I've been writing right before I go to bed so I'm super-duper tired. I'll try cleaning up and making it neater with more details, but for now I'm just trying to stick to my chapter a day schedule!