Add to the Mess

Anissa did not like how sick her husband constantly was, or how much he tried to ignore it and push through. Marty had given him medication but he'd had hardly used it. 

This morning it was particularly bad. He'd vomited twice, and now a third time at the smell of the cooking bacon. She'd turned the stove off at once and went to comfort him.

"Ven, why won't you just take your medication?"

He shook his head, "Just...just leave me be," he growled to her for rubbing his back.  

She sighed through his nose. It had been a few days since his first ultrasound and he'd gotten tnohing but worse. He was moody, mostly pissy and snappy, sore, crabby, and always tired. 

At least no  one suspected anying from work. Linda kept scheduling him meetings and offering any bit of information to her, despite her polite wards against it. Her husband in turn met the meetings, keep up his positive CEO ethnic, and helped her push away individuals trying to crowd her.

Besides his pissy attitude she had nothing to complain about. She'd begun planning her way of working things out, specifically him out of the mess he'd thrown himself into. It certainly helped she had Marty on her side. 

"Can you make me a smoothie?" he growled, laying his head on the rim for a long second. 

"Alrighty, honey." She kissed his cheek and got to her feet. 

By the time she'd finished blending him his drink, he'd dressed himself in a suit and tie, slicked his hair back, and clearly brushed his teeth. 

He futzed with his tie for a second, "I don't know how I can keep doing this."

"Doing what?"

"Doing the baby," he snarled as if it was obvious. She nearly laughed at his wording but instead leaned against the counter. 

"Ven you have medications."

"And I'm taking them." 

"No your not."

"Yes I am!"

"Then we'll switch them," she turned her back and poured him a large glass. 

When she turned back around he'd sagged to the chair in defeat. "I hate this. I hate every second of this." 

Anissa slid his glass on the table and squatted down before him. She cupped his face in her hands and studied his light blue eyes. "Ven, I'm here. Just...I want to help you but you don't let me."

"I want you to..." he died off to push her hands away. "Ach, I don't even know."

"Why don't you take a paid leave? A vacation...something you've never even opted into. I'm sure it won't be hard to achieve."

"So what? So I can puke my guts out the whole time."

"Ven, your puking won't be for much longer." 

"Fine. So I can sleep the whole way?" He took her face in his hands. "I can't eat, I've not exercised. I can't sleep. Can't think. I'm miserable."

"I don't know what to tell you."

"I want to undo this..." he muttered softly. "I hate it. I hate everything."

She grabbed him by the nose, struggling to contain her anger. "Well you can't, bucko! You stole a multi-million dollar drug and knocked up with our baby. You can't just undo him or her! You can't undo your mistake."

He turned away from her and put his head on the table. "Just leave me be," he grumbled. His rich voice hardly existed anymore, even in his meetings when he was performing his spiel it was lacking. 

"Go back to bed," she sighed. 

"I can't. I've got to go to work." 

"I said go back to bed. That way you don't murder the customers."

He didn't move to get up. He just poked at the side of his cup in a childish manner. The bell rang a second later. It was hardly past six in the morning. Anissa screwed up her face and went towards the door. 

She unlocked the bolts and cracked the door open after determining the individual wasn't to much of a threat. It was an individual in a suit. Probably a solicitor, a fucking crazy one. Or a complaining individual below them. Probably for Ven running to the bathroom all the time. 

"Hello, is this the Velhadden residency?"

"Yeah? What's up?" Anissa growled. "You know its like six in the morning right?"

He took a glove off his hand. It was that moment her senses honed in further on him . The suit was in mint condition, and FBI tag pressed to the side. 

"Is Venaymin here?"

"He's...yeah. Get to the point." Her heart was already racing. She'd seen agents like this before.

"I'm under the impression, he's the theft of the million dollar drug. May I come in? I have all the permissions and court granted proof I need. Please don't make my job hard."

She narrowed her eyes, opening the door wider. "I'm in the SWAT, tell me do you prefer me to kick my own door down so you can enter or you going to go about it normally?"

There was a slight lick of humor in his cold, green calculated eyes. He didn't respond so she took the hint to close the door and lead him to her husband. By the time she'd reached the kitchen, Venyamin was snoring softly, his drink spilled over the counter. 

Anissa coughed awkwardly, "He's normally a morning person, I apologize."

"No. No. I understand he's under a lot of stress..." the agent paused. "A baby could do that."

She pinched the bridge of her nose, realizing she'd never gotten dressed and was standing in a pink robe, underneath nothing but shorts and a tank top, no bra. She tied her robe tighter around herself.

"Agent we can dance all day or you can ask and I can answer." 

"Is he the thief? It would spare you a lot of time if you would just..."

"For the love of god, I know how this works. Yes, my husband stole the drug. Yes, he's pregnant." 

The agent pressed a hand to his ear. "Stand down." 

Anissa barked out a cruel cough. "Are you serious ou brought a fucking team?? He's one guy."

"He's seen as a threat, a CEO with lots of power," the agent paused. "And he's got you, a dangerous wife."

Her husband groaned and stretched on the table dragging his sleeve through his drink. He whined and opened his eyes in a blurry manner, "I think your right, Ani, I'm not going to go to work..."

Venyamin's eyes narrowed in a fraction of a second, taking a dangerous predatory glow, "Braxis."