Li'l more Tension ?

Ven could tell that Marty could clearly sense their disputes. Marty didn't quite know what to say when they got there. They both were tense and brooding-- and well, he was awful at fixing even his own life. 

"If you would take your shirt off, Ven?" Marty finally stated, and without warning, suddenly Marylin strode in. Her white hair was in the most tightest of buns  atop her head and a placid look was fitted on her face. 

He sensed his wife tense in utter fury even though she just crossed her arms in response. Marty just turned the machine on. "Ven? Your shirt?"

He sighed, and pulled off his sweat shirt, revealing his growing belly. All his shirts were tight now, especially since most were form fitted. He took off his T a second later and crossed his arms. Marty approached with a thin, flexible ruler and wrapped it around him, while he resisted squirming. 

His stomach was decently swelled by now, it was far beyond a beer belly, beyond a burger belly too, and it was quite circular. It was quite clear he was having a baby. His skin was beyond stretched and taunt, but at least it didn't hurt that much anymore. All his symptoms were basically gone except for the pressure the baby caused. 

"Wow, Ven, you are a natural," Marty  said. "It's like you been pregnant before. You really are having a big, healthy baby." He tightened the flexible ruler and nodded to himself. 

"Will that cause problems?" Ven questioned, crossing his arms over his chest and widening his stance as Marty backed away. His wife was looking at the floor but had a genuine look of concern on her face, while Marylin looked delighted. 

"Ummm, birth probably isn't going to go as smoothly. I'm estimating at full term your baby is going to be a good 10 to 12 pounds."

"Well what's average?"

"Seven," Anissa pointed out. "The precise reason you should be taking it easy."

Ven ground his teeth, "Any other complications I should be worried about?"

"Keeping up with your baby's growth. Stretching without rupturing. You seem to be doing a good job so far, but the ultrasound will show us more. I might supply you with more supplements, have you begun taking any?"

"I mean I'm not a woman....so definitely not."

Marty frowned for a second, nodding in consideration. "Good...good call. I'll specially get you some. Would you mind laying down?"

Ven shrugged and made his way to the cot. He sat down and then tried to gently ease himself back but he hit with more of a flop. "Shit...I'm losing my strength."

"It's common to lose mobility as the baby shifts further up for growth, and then interferes with your muscles." Marty grabbed the wand and gel off the table. It made a squirting noise as he applied it slightly below Venyamin's belly button.

Ven crossed his arms and staired at the ceiling. He made the cot look so small and had to keep his legs bent so they were not hanging off. He refused to look at his wife and boss. He wanted nothing to do with either of them at this precise moment. He didn't even want to deal with the baby. He just wanted to get away from it all. 

Marty pressed the remote into his stomach a few moments later, and he huffed at the pressure. Ven suddenly felt guilty that he'd ignoring the baby lately, as he dealt with the mess that had become his life. Anissa was right, not that he would admit it, but he needed to take it more easy. 

He studied his stomach; the stretch marks that he'd not noticed before were crawling up the sides, his belly button protruded outward, and the overall weight of it was more than anticipated.